Experiences with cops. Question for atom owners

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
cshama

Experiences with cops. Question for atom owners

Post by cshama » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:31 am

I am just wondering about the experiences you have had with cops . Do you get stopped a lot.

If you are driving around plated, insured etc do they still have a problem with the car?

How do you deal with them or do they just leave you alone?

Gage

Re: Experiences with cops. Question for atom owners

Post by Gage » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:10 pm

I've been stopped 3 times in the last month, simply to get questioned about "What the Heck is that?"      I try to be polite and friendly even when I'm running late.

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:33 pm

Haven't been stopped in 3000 miles.
Had one cop ask questions when I was stopped.

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:41 pm

Haven't been stopped yet.  Stopped counting when around 20 cops had seen me

SteveH

Post by SteveH » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:18 pm

had a cop driving behind me on Mulholland Monday night.  I stayed at the speed limit and he didn't bother me.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:16 am

[quote="cshama"]
I am just wondering about the experiences you have had with cops . Do you get stopped a lot.[/quote]

Pulled over once in 7000 miles (in San Francisco). Wanted to know what it was.

I've had a number of police check out the Atom while I was driving on the Interstates - I expect they were monitoring the truckers, who were radioing "What the heck was that?!?" to each other when they spotted my Atom.

atomizer

Post by atomizer » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:57 am

I was asked to pull over for pictures......not something Iam really use to.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:33 pm

Pulled over once on a VERY back road by a state policeman, doing 63 in a 55.  He didn't ask for my license, just looking to make sure my registration and insurance all matched up with the vehicle VIN.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:37 pm

Two very nice men in an unmarked car pulled me over and told me off for cutting them up on a roundabout (was about to miss my exit so cut across) then as I came off the round about I pulled over to the left on a dual carriage way to recover from the bad maneuver and an Aston Martin of some sort shot past.  So I started to accelerate after him.  Not sure if I went over the limit.  Next thing I know there's this car on my shoulder look over and I'm being told to pull over.

I thought they were going to do me for speeding, but  when they opened with the maneuver on the roundabout I got even more worried, in the end they had a chat and let me go.  :police:  :tu:

Great policing in my view....... now just got to get out and find the Aston  :angel: