Potential new atom buyer question

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
mbindra

Potential new atom buyer question

Post by mbindra » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:30 pm

Hello All,

Why is it seemingly taboo to exchange info on this board about registering an Atom for street use?  I am seriously considering one but I need info on getting the car on the road in Massachusetts.  Any suggestions?  Has anyone in Massachusetts done this yet?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

dford

Re: Potential new atom buyer question

Post by dford » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:44 pm

The reason is that many states are touchy when it comes to registering cars like the Atom. Many of us have had to call in favors, cajole, or rely on the ignorance of DMV personnel to get the car registered. By sharing secrets/tricks in public, we risk closing the loopholes and shutting out other Atom owners.

Also, each state is different, so we are each on our own anyway.....

Bottom line: if you want an Atom, do the leg work in advance to know if you can get it registered. Or you can just wing it, order the car and hope for the best when it gets to your door

cshama

Post by cshama » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 pm

Can someone delete this thread?

Only kidding- registering an atom for street use has been accomplished in a number of states. When you get over 50 posts you can access the relevant section.

mbindra

Post by mbindra » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:03 pm

[quote="cshama"]
Can someone delete this thread?

Only kidding- registering an atom for street use has been accomplished in a number of states. When you get over 50 posts you can access the relevant section.
[/quote]

Well I guess I better get posting then!  Thanks for the responses guys... anyone know of a successful registration in MA?

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:07 pm

The list of successful states is on this thread named "State Registration FAQ / Info".
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:10 pm

Bad form cshama, that is kept quiet for a reason.... (fight club rules apply). We don't need people spamming this forum for this specific reason. I am moving the thread.

Maybe we need to bump it to the next level 1000 posts or more....

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:24 pm

Geez, I better get to thinking fast......now what can I write about???????????

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:04 pm

It was a joke.

Hint at people asking questions like this to "participate". Never quote the number. That just defeats the purpose of keeping the info private. Alternatively they can just join the club.

Better yet, push them tothis threadand play dumb. All States where people want their info known are shown there.
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,3177.0.html