Bruce Fielding

Re: Have a single day pass

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Save it for the bedroom...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:03 pm

I have a friend who makes leather masks if you're after something unusual.

Before you get some weird ideas they're mainly Commedia dell'Arte masks, which he's made for the likes of the Royal Shakespeare Company, but he might take a commision if he has the time and likes the concept you have in mind.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:15 pm

They're a vintage helmet/goggles/mask combo...it shouldn't be considered all THAT strange.  If the mask is removed, the helmet/goggles look rather quaint:

I rather like that the combo can look either harmless or wicked, depending on what parts are worn.

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:23 pm

NO! NO! Put the mask back on.... ;D
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

M3ichael

Post by M3ichael » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:26 pm

Go wicked!!  :o
How did your day go overall with the Atom???

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:38 pm

[quote="Alec"]
I have a friend who makes leather masks if you're after something unusual.

Before you get some weird ideas they're mainly Commedia dell'Arte masks, which he's made for the likes of the Royal Shakespeare Company, but he might take a commision if he has the time and likes the concept you have in mind.

[/quote]

I too have a friend who makes masks - he loves the Atom, but felt it neded more latex...

Here's Simon's site
(Warning - not for under 18's or those easily upset by unconventional clothing)

http://www.libidex.com/html/cart/produc ... NAME=Hoods

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:57 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]

I too have a friend who makes masks - he loves the Atom, but felt it neded more latex...

Here's Simon's site
(Warning - not for under 18's or those easily upset by unconventional clothing)

[/quote]

No comment!!

I can't point you toward my friends masks because he is still back in the middle ages when Commedia started and he doesn't even own a computer.

He relies upon word-of-mouth and not under-the counter to pass on information about his product.  ;)

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:16 pm

MrWoolery, it looks like you went with the ES-100's and not the AO-48's. Do you plan on getting the 48's for track use once you get your Atom registered?  How is the grip/handling with the 100's?
Love that "Mad Max" helmet/mask combo, especailly with the all black Atom.
Cheers®

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:56 pm

[quote="MrWoolery"]The funny thing about the day...I got the brake/light inspection certificate in the morning, and that night someone noticed my driver's side brake light wasn't working (most likely a bulb went bad).  I guess I got that certificate just in time!   :laugh:[/quote]

Try loosening the three screws that hold the lens onto the holder, about 1/4 to 1/2 turn each. If that doesn't fix it, give the whole assembly a rap with the handle end of the screwdriver. That should sort things out.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:05 pm

[quote="maverick1"]
MrWoolery, it looks like you went with the ES-100's and not the AO-48's. Do you plan on getting the 48's for track use once you get your Atom registered?  How is the grip/handling with the 100's?
Love that "Mad Max" helmet/mask combo, especailly with the all black Atom.
Cheers®
[/quote]

I went with the ES-100's initially to act as a limiting factor for the car until I get used to the chassis dynamics, etc.  I do plan to put high performance tires on, but not until I'm confident in handilng the car with plain tires.  The ES100's aren't all THAT bad, but they certainly leave a lot of room for improvement in the grip department.  For now, though, they keep my driving habits sane.

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
[quote="MrWoolery"]The funny thing about the day...I got the brake/light inspection certificate in the morning, and that night someone noticed my driver's side brake light wasn't working (most likely a bulb went bad).  I guess I got that certificate just in time!   :laugh:[/quote]

Try loosening the three screws that hold the lens onto the holder, about 1/4 to 1/2 turn each. If that doesn't fix it, give the whole assembly a rap with the handle end of the screwdriver. That should sort things out.
[/quote]

:laugh:  Nothing a hammer can't fix, eh?  I wonder if I should fiddle up some sort of LED lighting circuit that takes the fussiness out of the turn signals.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
Try loosening the three screws that hold the lens onto the holder,
[/quote]

Three?

The UK ones only have two...

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:06 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
Try loosening the three screws that hold the lens onto the holder,
[/quote]

Three?

The UK ones only have two...
[/quote]

Maybe I'm misremembering...

hondahamster

Post by hondahamster » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:58 am

hey Mr woolery i saw that video clip about 2 weeks ago on youtube, and wanted to know who's atom was that? well now i know it was you ;D :o

I must admit very nice atom!! I love that black chassis.  :tu:

I was wondering, did you meet the other atom(it was yellow, and thelicense plate, ATOMIQ) I used to go to the other one in Crystal Cove and I met him there, and we started to talk about the registration, and he said that he got the SP100 last year> :o