Questions re Street Legal Status in Oregon

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
rcl4668

Re: Questions re Street Legal Status in Oregon

Post by rcl4668 » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:57 am

Thanks for the informative reply Terry.  Is there any way you could update your findings/research here on the forum?  My timeline is that I need to make my decision on a new car by around Jan or Feb 07 if I want to enjoy the car by the summer (assuming that the appr 180-day gestation period for new atoms still holds).

/Rich

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:18 am

[quote="rcl4668"]
Thanks for the informative reply Terry.  Is there any way you could update your findings/research here on the forum?  My timeline is that I need to make my decision on a new car by around Jan or Feb 07 if I want to enjoy the car by the summer (assuming that the appr 180-day gestation period for new atoms still holds).[/quote]

Yes, once I have any info to share, I'll post it.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:48 am

Is there any reason HPTuner software isn't being used to just turn the codes off?  The ECU would need to be retuned (you wouldn't be able to keep the current map), but any tuner shop should be able to do that, and at the same time just shut the codes off.

pdxmac

Post by pdxmac » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:12 pm

Bolus.
I may be able to help you with an address in Pacific City. No DEQ in tillamook county. Just LOTS of water. :tu:

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:49 pm

pdxmac, I might take you up on that offer  :D  Do you have a closet that I could rent?  I've stayed at a friends house once at Tierra Del Mar and that is a really beautiful area.

So do you have an Atom on order?  Darth and I need more people from Oregon to caravan to Tulsa with us next year for Atomfest

pdxmac

Post by pdxmac » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:10 pm

No Atom on order. Maybe 2008.
On Oct 27th I flew in to Medford and took a Plant tour.Then we ran up Dead Indian road, where I had the privilege of Driving the Atom 2. Everybody there is a true "Car Guy". I felt like Royalty. Every one of them are GREAT! And Tom is a great driver.I never want to see him in my mirror.
The following Tuesday I stoped in to my bank.(I have never seen my banker laugh so hard. jerk.)
When is the Tulsa Run?

bolus

Post by bolus » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:08 pm

The Atomfest is next October.  At least Darth and I are driving together and we are going to zip zag across the country picking up other atom owners along the way.  It should be an amazing trip.  Read more about it here:  http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,2901.0.html

My credit union was willing to give me a loan when I talked with them after my first test drive.  Dont let one bank hold you back :)  It helps though if you are extremely vague when you tell the bank about the car.  Tell them it is similar to a Plymouth Prowler.  This strategy works will with insurance companies too some times.  Feel free to send me a PM if you have any questions.