Allstate exotic car insurance

State specific issues relating to Atom registration with the DMV
silver

Re: Allstate exotic car insurance

Post by silver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:15 pm

Bottoz, you may want to specifically ask your agent, who underwrote the policy, that will get you an idea of who is actually covering it.  For examply if infinity underwrote it, then the policy is covered through Classic or Parish Heacock, they both use Infinity for underwriting.  Anyways, I have made so many calls and sent sooo many emails without any success for a standard car policy.  I do have my limited mileage / no track/ coverage all laid out but that is a last resort for me.  Please let me know.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:22 pm

Has anyone found an insurance company that will insure the Atom without any mileage restrictions?
Cheers®

silver

Post by silver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:26 pm

Maverick1

I have spoken with quite a few forum members who will remain nameless per their requests, but to give you a general answer, yes there are several members that have full regular policies, BUT, I have had no such luck.  It really depends on who you talk to and how their attitude is......or you just get lucky.....or you pay a very high premium for the insurance, an amount that isn't worth it to me to pay.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:09 pm

I got an email reply from bottoz's insurance agent and they are using hagerty.  It may be worth approaching hagerty again for a group rate

silver

Post by silver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:44 pm

Makes sense, if you go to hagerty's insurance page, they show Exotic and special interest vehicles page

http://www.hagerty.com/Auto/vehicle_exotic.aspx

I'll give them a call to see if I can nail down some details.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:46 pm

[quote="silver"]
Makes sense, if you go to hagerty's insurance page, they show Exotic and special interest vehicles page

http://www.hagerty.com/Auto/vehicle_exotic.aspx

I'll give them a call to see if I can nail down some details.
[/quote]

People have said hagerty said no to previous inquiries about the Atom so be careful when you are talking to them because we dont want to cause problems for anyone that does have their insurance.

I was going to call them too to inquire about a club rate. 

silver

Post by silver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:55 pm

I'm on the phone with them right now, and ummm nope they said they are not interested in that vehicle right now.

***EDIT*** she also said that she had to check with the underwriter because she thought they did and the underwriter said they don't write for the atom because of it's open design. who knows, but i'd hold off on any more calls to hagerty because it's a no go for now, I'd bet the Allstate guy has an In or something or maybe called and got a policy through a different underwritier which seems pretty common that it is underwriter's discression whether or not to approve a car.  Before she knew that they wouldn't insure it she mentioned that there isn't a specific mileage limit, although, when i mentioned that other insurers cap you at 5k or 6k she said that was a LOT of mileage, and they would expect you to keep the mileage way lower than that.  they would also cover it everywhere BUT the track, no track coverage...So even if they would do it, it's not what we are all hoping for and it's more expensive than what I already have available, so it's not a huge loss.
Last edited by silver on Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:49 pm

Just got off the phone with my Agent. Confirmed that it is with Haggerty. I'll update with more info tomorrow evening.

silver

Post by silver » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:52 pm

Bottoz, you are one of the lucky ones!!! congrats.  So, let us know if there are any mileage limits, or track exclusions.  I think that is what enquiring minds want to know.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:52 am

BZZZZZT! Wrong answer. It was denied somewhere along the line. Back to the drawing board. :(

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:56 am

[quote="Bottoz"]
BZZZZZT! Wrong answer. It was denied somewhere along the line. Back to the drawing board. :(
[/quote]

See here, this looks like it will work:
http://forum.atomclub.com/index.php/topic,3828.0.html

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:07 am

Thanks dude. If my other option falls thru, I'll give them a shout tomorrow.  :tu: