why am I not getting alerts

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
silver

why am I not getting alerts

Post by silver » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:13 am

it's really annoying but I stopped receiving email alerts when I get a response, or a PM or anything.  I sent a PM to Ross, but, not sure if another Moderator can help me please, thanks!!

ross

Re: why am I not getting alerts

Post by ross » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:19 am

Not sure on this to be honest, some do, some don't - as far as I can tell, the alerts are leaving the forum server at this end.

Sorry for the lack of response to your PM - I'd not noticed it.

Cheers, Ross.

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Cookies, anti-spam measures at the ISP blocking them, could be a number of reasons...

ross

Post by ross » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:19 pm

Well, to be fair I'm not so sure this isn't some kind of problem somewhere, but given it's hit and miss nature, I just don't have the time to look into it any further I'm afraid.

Cheers, Ross.

silver

Post by silver » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:59 pm

well now I see your responses, however, since I wasn't receiving the alerts...........I didn't think about looking in the thread for responses  :D

so nothing I can do huh?  It's weird because it worked for a while then stopped.

I think it might have to do with my hotmail changing......around the same time as this.....hotmail won't load out of my IE because it thinks cookies aren't installed WHEN THEY ARE....but I follow the directions to no avail....F

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:45 pm

I think it had to do with his email address change. The new account showed pending verification. I did it manually. We'll have to see if that cleared it up. Let us know Silver...

silver

Post by silver » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm

ok at least I can access the forum again.

The re-activation thing has a horrible loophole.

Problem: silvercl@hotmail.com not receiving emails
solution: change email address to asilver@primelending.com
PROBLEM: friggen sight requires you to activate from silvercl@hotmail.com which doesn't receive emails (er go I can't friggen activate)
solution: ask driver to fix the account
Problem: now I'm able to get back to the forum, however i still don't get any types of alerts to either silvercl@hotmail.com or asilver@primelending.com

silver

Post by silver » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:35 pm

FIXED

results.  My hotmail account at home got updated automatically to the new "hotmail live" B.S. that sucks.  when that happened it put atomclub as well as others into the blocked senders list, so even though they were in my safe senders list, until i removed them from the blocked (which I didn't know they got put in there until today) it was blocking them.

so solution for me anyways is that my email was blocking them.  I can't check the work email blocked senders list because I don't have access....and well probably not a good idea to ask IT to fix that huh haha ;D