Forum logon

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
benyeats

Re: Forum logon

Post by benyeats » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:30 pm

OK now posting from the affected PC, seems to work sometimes but not every time

Their may be more of a pattern but I have had a bit to drink tonight so can't think of it right now

Ben

KK

Post by KK » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:46 am

Ben, just an idea:
Are you logged in on both PCs at the same time? Probably there's a restriction that grants access for an individual user only once?
Or the system (i.e. the forum software) gets mixed up if you have not logged off from the other PC while at the same time trying to log-in and off from the other one.

Unless you explicitly logoff the Forum you will still be considered active for 15 minutes after your last action.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:56 am

Weirdly, since the latest update my Foirefox has gone a bit flaky, too.Not the same as Ben, but keeps crashing about twice a day.

Although I am using a couple of new addins (spellcheck and cooliris) which I shall remove and see if this helps.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:14 am

[quote="1st Austrian Atom 2 [Klaus]"]
Ben, just an idea:
Are you logged in on both PCs at the same time? Probably there's a restriction that grants access for an individual user only once?
Or the system (i.e. the forum software) gets mixed up if you have not logged off from the other PC while at the same time trying to log-in and off from the other one.

Unless you explicitly logoff the Forum you will still be considered active for 15 minutes after your last action.
[/quote]

Not a bad suggestion, I typically finish my early evening TV / Laptop surfing, shut down laptop and goto the other PC easily within 15 mins.  So other machine shut down but not specifically logged off.

Ben

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

In case anyone is searching in future with the same problem.

Cause was identified last night as my bookmark to this site being to

http://rosscp.zentest.co.uk/forum/index.php

rather than

www.atomclub.com/forum

Once I changed to the other URL it even 'remembered' me from before so all is well

Ben

ross

Post by ross » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:27 pm

Ah yep, the wrong URL would definitely cause problems.