How about a wiki?

Tips and useful information relating specifically to the use of the forum.
Alec

Re: How about a wiki?

Post by Alec » Tue May 08, 2007 3:28 pm

Could you not just add information to the existing page in Wikipedia as it says that it can be edited?

Ariel Atom
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue May 08, 2007 3:34 pm

[quote="Alec"]
Could you not just add information to the existing page in Wikipedia as it says that it can be edited?

Ariel Atom
[/quote]

I thought it would be better to limit the edit ability to the club forum members here rather than the world at large. 

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue May 08, 2007 3:44 pm

[quote="bolus"]
Well, that's a pretty negative comment.  I have been trying to collect information in an ordered fashion from the forum in text documents but I dont have the ability to set up a webserver with wiki software.  But if one was put up I think I would have a lot to contribute.  It is a lot easier to find information in a wiki or a faq than in this forum. 
[/quote]

Sorry, but I don't see anything wrong in being negative about things I disagree with! However It's only my personal, opinionated, boorish thoughts.

It's great that you're collecting info. The idea of an Atom wiki has been floating about for months with nothing happening...

I'm sure that there are people contributing to the forum with the skills and space to do what you want. Maybe my being negative about it will galvanise someone into action...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue May 08, 2007 4:23 pm

That Wiki really should be enough. maybe we as a Club should link to it a little better. I even made some changes today as I'd forgot about that wiki being there. Tempered the reference to the X1 and added the forum URL down in the links section. I'll put a link up and make it a sticky in the General Forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Atom

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue May 08, 2007 4:35 pm

[quote="Driver"]
and added the forum URL down in the links section.
[/quote]

Interesting because I added that a good while ago but someone must have removed it.  Well spotted

Ben

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue May 08, 2007 4:44 pm

As it is a public wiki, if someone keeps pulling our info out, we'll just have to keep putting it back in.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue May 08, 2007 5:05 pm

You could also nick stuff from how stuff works - ariel atom

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/ariel-atom.htm
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London