AtomFest - Alec's Plans

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Alec

AtomFest - Alec's Plans

Post by Alec » Thu May 28, 2009 1:39 am

I really want to go to AtomFest again this year as I had a great time at the 2007 event.

That was my first and only trip to America but it was unfortunately very short as I fitted in with the arrangements of the other owners I travelled with.

We flew into Dallas and drove straight up to Hallet for the three days of AtomFest, then drove straight back to Dallas and flew home again.

This time I would like to see a bit more of America if I can so I suppose it's time to start arranging what I'm going to do.

There was some talk a while ago about driving Atoms across country for owners who couldn't do it themselves or who didn't have the time to do it, such as this post from Bolus . . . .

[quote="bolus"]
anyone want to drive my car from Portland to Hallet for me?
[/quote]

I'm assuming that this was not really a serious offer and just wishful thinking on the part of those of us who jumped in to try to secure the drive.

Therefore, for my travel arrangements I was wondering if there is anyone who is travelling across country who would like some company (and someone to share the cost of course) so that I could see more of America.

Time isn't really a problem for me so I could fly to America on a date to fit in with your plans whereupon you could pick me up from the airport for the overland journey or any other arrangements that might be preferable.

Could anyone interested in this concept please let me know.

Also, in 2007 it was hard not having my Atom with me as most of the time at the track was spent watching other owners enjoying themselves.  :(

I must, however, thank everyone who gave me passenger rides and a special thank-you goes out to Randy and Jim Sharp (SharpAtom2) who each let me have a session driving one of their Atoms for a couple of laps.  :tu:

There was this thread entitled 'Atomfest guest drivers car sharing' and I was wondering if this offer was still on the cards as I would definitely be interested if it was.

Details of sharing the costs for the car to be at AtomFest, along with any insurance that was necessary, would have to be agreed of course.

I would, however, be willing to guarantee that I would cover all costs that are incurred as a result of my share of driving someone's Atom right up to the full cost of the car if the worst was to happen.

Again if there's anyone interested in this concept could you please let me know.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

bolus

Re: AtomFest - Alec's Plans

Post by bolus » Thu May 28, 2009 1:53 am

I was half serious and still have 3 people asking me about driving it.  But the car is probably not waterproof anymore with the paddle shifter and I dont have insurance for the mileage anymore.  Sucks because i cant afford to haul it there since I'm paying off a malpractice tail insurance bill from changing practices last fall

Alec

Re: AtomFest - Alec's Plans

Post by Alec » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:28 pm

Well, they finally came together after a life changing event occurred a couple of months ago so my plans had to be altered to include Nadine.  :tu:

After a hectic time booking everything this is how they've worked out.

Friday 11th
Flew from Liverpool to Dallas, via Amsterdam.

Saturday 12th
Pick up RV and drive to RV park just north of Denton.

Sunday 13th
Meet up with Ken (Driver) and drive up to Hallett.

Monday 14th
Relax and enjoy watching early arrivals on their Private Pre-Atomfest Trackday.

Tuesday 15th - Thursday 17th
AtomFest

Friday 18th - Sunday 20th
Drive back to the Dallas area taking a detour to see some sights on the way, such as going through Lubock as I'm a Buddy Holly fan.

Monday 21st
Return the RV then fly out from Dallas to return home.

Tuesday 22nd
Arrive back home in Liverpool.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)