Nor Cal track days, summer 2009

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
dp35

Nor Cal track days, summer 2009

Post by dp35 » Tue May 26, 2009 10:17 pm

I've seen various discussions of people's track plans, and thought it would be nice if we could keep letting each other know who's going where.  I like seeing other Atoms at the track (any Atoms) so I'm more motivated to sign up if I know others will be there.  I'm yet to meet an Atom owner that isn't great to hang out with.  So if you're doing a track day in the area, let the rest of us know if you don't mind.

The track days I'm probably going to attend are:

June 20-21, weekend, Thunderhill, with NCRC.  This one's cheap, only $135/day.  I've ran with almost every track day promoter, and these guys are my favorite group.  They also have a race at this event, which I'm considering entering. 
http://www.ncracing.org/

July 4-5, weekend, Infineon/Sears Point, with Hooked on Driving.  Not so cheap, but this is one of those world class tracks that never is.  Not sure if I'm going to both days or Sunday only.
http://www.hookedondriving.com/category.cfm?category=1

Karl

Re: Nor Cal track days, summer 2009

Post by Karl » Tue May 26, 2009 11:31 pm

Still putting my car back together... I'll have a better idea of what track days I can make in a few weeks!

positron

Post by positron » Wed May 27, 2009 1:15 am

TH too hot for me in June.

Infineon July 4-5 - both days. Received email from group said dry camping is allowed in infield, which is helpful for my distance.

Looking at Laguna Seca July 16-19. Speed Ventures has not posted pricing yet so undecided with

Laguna Seca Aug 21-23 (most likely). Laguna Seca has not been good to the 4 of us mechanically, last time we were 0-4.

AF - Sept

Infineon - Oct 8-9

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:35 am

FYI - I just signed up for both days of the Infineon July 4/5 weekend.  If anyone else is considering this event (Karl, CalScot, ... Van Halen!) you'd be wise to sign up soon, because this will sell out early.  Track days on this track in the summer are super rare, are never cheap, and always sell out early.  I was relieved to get in. 

positron

Post by positron » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:52 am

Laguna Seca July 17 & 18th in lieu of August.

July 18th = 50th track day..  ;D

dp35

Post by dp35 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I just signed up for the weekend of August 29-30 at Thunderhill with NCRC.  Most of the groups are already full, but if anyone wants to go, PM me and I'll try to pull some strings.  I know the organizers fairly well.

Karl

Post by Karl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:55 pm

[quote="dp35"]
I just signed up for the weekend of August 29-30 at Thunderhill with NCRC.  Most of the groups are already full, but if anyone wants to go, PM me and I'll try to pull some strings.  I know the organizers fairly well.
[/quote]

Wish I could, but I'm up to my eyeballs in work for the next month or so. Have fun!

positron

Post by positron » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:24 am

Too close to AF2 for me.. making preparations each weekend.

positron

Post by positron » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:10 am

Infineon - Oct 8-9 - both days. Group showing dry camping is allowed in infield, which is helpful for my distance.

Speed Ventures - discount for 5 or more, I'm down for two and one maybe. Need two more..

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:36 pm

90% in for 2 days at Infineon.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:57 am

I like it.  With AF and lots of racing all around the same time, its hard for me to fit this one in.  But if people are coming from all over the west coast, its hard for me not to drive 45 minutes to this great track. 

Darth - any chance we could get dp to come too?  I think I know the answer, but gotta ask.  What about others from up there?

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:13 am

Dial911, Bolus, DP, all the Washington guys... I think it would be great if they would come down as well.  Northwesteners, are you reading this? 

My wife basically said I HAVE to do this one.  DP's two day track day on Sept 27th and 28th... she said "no, I'm still in town, you can't leave me alone for two days" but for Infineon, she's going to Indiana for 3 weeks, so that's ok.  Women  ::)