Unique Fabricating signs on as AtomFest sponsor

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
1965Cobra427

Unique Fabricating signs on as AtomFest sponsor

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:01 pm

Unique Fabricating Provides Sponsorship to AtomFest II

[img width=800 height=132]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... ogoweb.jpg[/img]

For those who don't already know him, Tom Smurzynski has been a part of the Ariel Atom community for several years now. He was the first person I ever met when I made a trip to Ashland, Oregon for a test drive. Hard not to like the guy who gave you your first drive in an Atom!

Tom was the final inspection, testing and delivery manager for Brammo and in that role, drove every Brammo Atom before it was placed into the hands of the eventual owner. He delivered the first privately held Brammo Atom to Jay Lenoâ??s Big Dog Garage and put untold miles on the Brammo test mule and demo car. Tough duty Iâ??d say, but somehow he managed it. Tom was a guy, who throughout his time at Brammo could be counted on to give straight answers and genuine help to Atom owners. A stand-up guy.

All during this time, Tom owned and maintained a race car fabrication business, Unique Fabricating in nearby Central Point, Oregon and when Brammo left manufacturing Atoms, placed his full efforts on that business. With years of experience on race cars, including campaigning a GM sponsored Cobalt SS in Grand Am racing, Tom is bringing his skills and resources to the Atom performance aftermarket.

Tom applies a combination of computer engineering, talented fabrication skills and hands on practicality to every project. Atoms have received turbochargers and Harrop supercharger upgrades to performance levels far beyond the maximum factory output. The work coming from Unique always displays a level of quality and engineering thought that accentuates the Atom and raises it to the next level. Methanol injection? Tom has done it and has a kit. Electronic paddle shifted tranny? Done. Turbo or Harrop supercharger install? Ditto.

Most recently, Unique Fabricating has undertaken a months long development and testing cycle to address the Atomâ??s rear upright/hub/bearing. Certain owners have pushed their cars hard enough on the track to have experienced failures. Tomâ??s solution is a complete system which addresses each of the previously demonstrated failure modes, improves bearing cooling as well and loading and has the mechanical beauty which typifies unique Fabricating.

Tom is here in racing gear during a six-hour test of the Unique Fabricating upright/hub/bearing prototype
[img width=800 height=600]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... 040314.jpg[/img]

Welcome Tom, and Unique Fabricating. Thank you for your support of  AtomFest and the Ariel atom community!

Unique Fabricating can be found on the web at: http://www.unique-fabricating.com/

Be sure to drop him a line and thank Tom and Judy Smurzynski for supporting AtomFest!
Last edited by 1965Cobra427 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alec

Re: Unique Fabricating signs on as AtomFest sponsor

Post by Alec » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Who's the slim guy on the right in the red cap?  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:35 pm

OMG they've signed on as a sponsor!?  I'm totally getting a set of uprights now! 

No wait... ;D

silver

Post by silver » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:38 pm

Can Tom S. Be anymore awesome :)

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 pm

Couldn't be a nicer guy out there. A someone that watched him help so much at AtomFest '07, heard all the stories and then seen him again at Reno Fernley last year again. He's always just happy to participate and help out the Atom Community, always with a smile on his face. I'd say any "BroMance" is well justified with Tom and his crew. They're the good guys.

:tu: :tu:

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:11 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]

Tom is here in racing gear...
[/quote]

I thought astronauts wore white.

Anyway, thanks Tom!

positron

Post by positron » Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:37 am

Here Here.. Thanks Tom!  :tu: :tu:

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:01 pm

[quote="Alec"]
Who's the slim guy on the right in the red cap?  ;)
[/quote]

Someone must have left the gate open . . .