Cars and Coffee 4th April

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
benyeats

Cars and Coffee 4th April

Post by benyeats » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:18 pm

Anyone planning to go to this on 4th April ?

I am staying in Newport Beach for the weekend.  Would be delighted to hitch a lift in an Atom to this event as IME Hertz don't have anything interesting enough to take myself, will also have a colleague with me so more the merrier!

Cheers

Ben

CalScot

Re: Cars and Coffee 4th April

Post by CalScot » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:33 pm

There is a slight chance I will have the Atom running. I should have all the parts back in my garage by Wednesday but I do not know if I can assemble everything in 2 days.

Regardless, I am up for C&C for sure.

Will send a you PM on the drinking details Ben.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:36 pm

Yes the drinking is also important, although not at 7:00AM.  But if anyone fancies a beer on the Saturday eve drop me a line.

Ben

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Ill try to make the event, half asleep if I have to!  ::)

Ben, if you are in Newport Beach over the weekend, and cant find SPEED channel for the Malaysian GP, you are more than welcome joining me Saturday, midnight, in the wee morning hours. It would be fun to watch the race with an F1 expert, and maybe, just maybe I can get you to spill a few secrets.  :D ;D

fiesty

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:58 pm

Anybody else planning to come to C&C? We could take Ben & his bud on a So Cal coastal drive!
The first weekend in April is usually great at C&C. Weather is forecast for perfect temps and blue sky!

I am doing everything I possibly can to get my Atom Running by Friday night. My Atom will be like brand new! "New" motor, all new new paint jobbie and completely rebuilt with all new fasteners, rod ends, bearings, bit's & bobs.

I am so freaking looking forward to getting it running and driving up the OC coast with the sun on my face and the wind in my hair! Happy days are here again!!!! ;D

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:35 pm

BUMP!!

This should be a great weekend!

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:54 pm

Mi might make it, but it depends on how some other plans work out (might be corralled into going to the Renaissance Faire).

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:13 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
I am so freaking looking forward to getting it running and driving up the OC coast with the sun on my face and the wind in my hair! Happy days are here again!!!! ;D
[/quote]
I agree, the weather is absolutely perfect for a drive!
I sent you a PM on a plan.

fiesty

Magicman

Post by Magicman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:50 pm

Here's a pic!
Terry
Attachments
c&capril1.jpg
c&capril1.jpg (93.51 KiB) Viewed 732 times

Magicman

Post by Magicman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Here's another.
Terry
Attachments
c&capril2.jpg
c&capril2.jpg (104.58 KiB) Viewed 738 times

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:57 pm

So I take it red is CalScots new color scheme? Good (sad for the terrorized public though :) ) to see he's back on the road.

Magicman

Post by Magicman » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:15 am

Actually the color must be a little off as it is a beautiful fresh coat of orange if I remember right.
Terry

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:41 am

I had a great time guys. The only thing better than one atom is four!!!! Nothing beats an atom "molecule" driving on PCH. ;D
Sorry I couldnt make it to the race viewing!! Definitely next time.
Absolutely brilliant weather btw!! I almost feel sorry for the rest of the planet. :D ;)

fiesty

CalScot

Re: Cars and Coffee 11th April

Post by CalScot » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:45 pm

Yes Fiesty, it was a great day out along the coast to your "wee" shack on the hill ;)

The GP was a "washout" but we were quite knackered by that time. We had a BBQ, Jaccuzzi and then the GP at 2am. Ben, his co-worker and me were the main ones drinking. I counted 58 empty beer bottles in the morning lying around my house! :o

I bumped the date on C&C for next week! I am going to C&C first, then to Sector 111 for Shinoo's Aero thingy in Temecula over Ortega Highway. Then possibly/probably Palomar mountain in the afternoon, across to the coast and up through North San Diego county back home.

Anybody doing C&C first ?? Spaz?? Maverick?? Fiesty?? Nicholas?? Anybody else?? Possibly even some Lotus's might join the run from C&C since they will be invited to Sector 111?

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Count me in.

I'll do C&C and then Sec111.
After that I'll have to leave, as I'm supposed to be driving up to Yousemite to go caming...