Eagles Canyon Raceway near Decatur Texas Nov 22 and 23

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
FourFather

Eagles Canyon Raceway near Decatur Texas Nov 22 and 23

Post by FourFather » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:03 pm

:tu:

Re: Atoms run in Competition class at Hallett
« Reply #19 on: Today at 12:53:32 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eagles Canyon near Decatur, Texas-- I haven't seen the track yet, but it is less than 2 hours from me.

I'm planning to go. Weather permitting, should be fun, and for a good cause. 

Eddie    ;D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1965Cobra427

Re: Eagles Canyon Raceway near Decatur Texas Nov 22 and 23

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:13 pm

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
We drove Atoms there in early '07 for the Grassroots Motorsports Magazine story. At that time the track was shy the final asphalt topcoat and no curbs or landscaping was in place (also no buildings, parking lot, etc.) The track was a lot of fun in Jim Sharp's UK Atom. The straights all have a crown to them so you can't see the braking zones and turn in until you're pretty close. Exciting for a first timer! There is a sort of mini corkscrew that was also really fun. I have seen photos of the track since it was completed, but not been back.

Back in January '07 - don't drop a wheel!

Front straight -  no pit lane in early 2007

Track owner, Linda Cook in Jim's Atom -

I'm pretty sure that Spanky is a member there and has a good bit of Atom time on that track. You might PM him to see if he's going to this event too!
[/quote]

silver

Post by silver » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:11 pm

see you there....I'm dreading the 6am wake up call here to make it there by 8am.....taking into account a few minutes for breakfast!

positron

Post by positron » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:48 pm

Would be there if I could..

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:24 pm

[quote="Positron"]
Would be there if I could..
[/quote]

Ditto!

EricHowe

Post by EricHowe » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:30 pm

I'll be there at around lunchtime on Saturday. I'll bring a helmet if anyone feels generous and wouldn't mind a passenger for a couple of laps. Pleeeeez :tu:
Last edited by EricHowe on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:49 pm

I'll take you for sure.............I already got approval from the track to take passengers........I'll be bringing my extra helmet, which is XL....I'm not looking forward to the drive tomorrow morning at 7am in 30 degree weather, but hopefully I can layer up enough.

EricHowe

Post by EricHowe » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks, I'm missing my Atom "fix"

silver

Post by silver » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:41 am

Ok packed and ready to go. I am layering up 3 times. Hopefully that is enough...c yall there

EricHowe

Post by EricHowe » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:57 am

Can spectators get in if they're not taking a car?

silver

Post by silver » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:59 am

Yes spectators can come in for free but they encouraged that you give 20 bucks donation since it is a charity event.
Last edited by silver on Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:38 pm

Well I'm back from Eagles Canyon for today, I did get up and drive there this morning at 7am it was about 32 degrees....kinda cold but I layered up and it wasn't too bad actually.  I was able to go for 3 sessions but I noticed that my right front tire has a chunk missing from the sidewall and played better safe then sorry.  I'll be back out tomorrow An Anonymous saviour offered to bring a spare A048 for tomorrow's racing.

I took a quick pic with my phone of Eddie and my atom's on the starting grid

It was a lot of fun, on my last session I took a passenger who is a professional photographer, he took his hi-def camcorder along for the ride, so we'll see it on youtube at some point.  The track is really nice and so was the hospitality!  I'm glad I got to go today, car performed (almost) flawlessly.  It went into limp mode for about 2 minutes on the starting grid but fixed itself before we left so I can't fault the car for that.

I hope some of you can make it tomorrow....if I'm there rides are free.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:00 pm

I SO wish I was there!  :doh:

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:41 am

Eddie at Eagles Canyon - photo by Spanky

[img width=800 height=600]http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h269/ ... 040038.jpg[/img]

silver

Post by silver » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:13 pm

I made it home safely, today was an even bigger blast then yesterday I got the lay of the land much better......stopped shifiting down to 2nd (it was a mistake to go all the way down to 2) and took a passenger on every session...I think the car handled better with a passenger..It definitely helped me get heat in the tires......speaking of tires, THANK YOU EDDIE for letting me use yours, they kept me safe today and allowed me to have a full race weeknd.

p.s. my muffler's powder coating flaked off....that's the only thing negative that occurred, other then that the car performed flawlessly, never felt like it heatsoaked 1 bit.