TMI presentation at WCA

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
dp35

TMI presentation at WCA

Post by dp35 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:02 am

[quote="bolus"]
Anything to report about TMI specifically?  just looking for gosip... Prices... windshield option...
[/quote]

No gossip really.  At this point they seem great, & very appreciative of how much the current owners can assist them in selling these cars.  He might have talked about prices, but I'm not sure.  I seem to remember him saying that the Atom 500's price was $225, and that they have one ordered already. 

Windshields - he said yes they are working on this, but didn't have specifics.  I'd call him if its important for your registration. 
Kit car registration - he said that they were aware of the registration process in several states, and they had every intention to work within the laws of those states, and would help the owners follow the guidelines from their state.
Seats - he doesn't yet know if the seperate seats that Brammo sold will be available, or maybe not at first. 
Suspension parts - I asked if they'd use the Brammo style easy to adjust alignment parts at the end of the A-frames and ball joint lower, or the hard to work on UK style, and he said the Brammo style.  If the UK Atom 3's don't already have this upgrade, he made it sound like they will. 
Priorities - Atoms are their only project for the next several years, they will continue the AAE and that those cars will get Honda engines eventually.  No electric motorcyles were mentioned. 
Sharing parts - he mentioned that TMI might be making some parts to be sent to Ariel UK.
Chinese Atoms - he knew nothing at all about this, and did not say anything about using Chinese made parts. 

To those that were there - if I got anything wrong please inform, & of course add your thoughts.
Last edited by dp35 on Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

hondahamster

Re: TMI presentation at WCA

Post by hondahamster » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:24 am

???whaa! 225$ sign me up for 20 of them, jeez i knew knew the atom can be so cheap? ;D :D ;)

Dp it was fun hanging out with the atom drift-master, and thanks a lot for that ride you gave me. Scared the the living hell out of me. :D Man that was a fun packed 2 days.

So Calscot when is the next Atomfest West? i say next month is fine ;D

-Hamster :D

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:26 am

For pricing, he said the Atom 3 will start at $65,000 and can reach $100,000 optioned out.  I can't remember much else in specific, but it was a nice talk and a great evening in general.

positron

Post by positron » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:17 am

So what's the trick to get a call back? I had the hots to buy some wings.. three times for me to initiate the call is my limit...

silver

Post by silver » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:31 am

I called today too......for a light cover but still...no answer

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:58 am

Hmm.. I've never called them, but they call me constantly.  Interesting  :laugh:

I've never gotten an email response on anything I've asked either.  They aren't gonna make it if they don't communicate to customers, potential or otherwise.

positron

Post by positron » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:02 am

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Hmm.. I've never called them, but they call me constantly.  Interesting  :laugh:

[/quote]

After all, your frame IS made of GOLD ..  ;D

I'm sure with the economy the way it is I'm sure they're busy with new orders and such..

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:36 am

And now my pistons match my frame!

[img width=800 height=600]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh12 ... CF0053.jpg[/img]

positron

Post by positron » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:16 am

Retraction of poo comments, contact has been made.. delete as necessary

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Darth, are you going to have clear heads so that we can admire those matching piston crowns? :laugh:

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:23 pm

Glass sparkplugs actually.  Spark plugs have always been made of a ceramic, they've finally figured out how to make the ceramic clear.  Toss on some clear boots on the coilpacks, leave the coilpack cover off, and tada!