WCA video, chasing Calscot

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
dp35

WCA video, chasing Calscot

Post by dp35 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Here's a sample of the fun we had at the WCA.  Peter's car is awesome, as you can see in this video.  I have another 20+ minute video of us driving together in the next session. 

dial911

Re: WCA video, chasing Calscot

Post by dial911 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:52 pm

Looks like a really fun track. Are you using chasecam to do the video? Where do you have it mounted?

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:15 pm

wow, great video.  I heard about the battle between you and calscot on the track.  Some great learning from that video.  He pulls away every straight and you catch him every turn.  The battle over technique vs horsepower!  Very cool

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:39 pm

[quote="dial911"]
Looks like a really fun track. Are you using chasecam to do the video? Where do you have it mounted?
[/quote]

Not a chasecam, its a Sanyo Xacti HD2 camcorder.  It could record in HD, but the frame is too small, so you can't see the driver at all.  I have it mounted inside the air intake, with a remote mic on the center/rear cavity of the seat. 

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Great video - terrific quality, fantastic subject matter. Now I'm even more bummed than ever that I couldn't make it to Reno!

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:59 pm

It was very cool to watch you guys approaching turn 1 at 140+.
Special thanks to DP35 and Calscot for taking my brother for 1 session each. You made his day, especially when you both were battling the last few sessions on thursday. He is still raving about it.

fiesty

macpdx

Post by macpdx » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:18 am

Great video !!!
Much better than from where I was standing. Thanks for sharing.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:38 am

[quote="fiestycolumbian"]
It was very cool to watch you guys approaching turn 1 at 140+.
Special thanks to DP35 and Calscot for taking my brother for 1 session each. You made his day, especially when you both were battling the last few sessions on thursday. He is still raving about it.
[/quote]

It was great to meet you and your brother too Fiesty.  I never knew Lakers fans could be so cool.  Can't wait to do it again. 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:22 am

DP35,
When are you posting the other videos?

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:02 pm

Here ya go, 21 more minutes of fun.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:23 pm

Brilliant!
I had more fun trailing you. You really throw that thing all over the place and it's a blast to follow and watch.
It has to be one of the best track days I have had in the Atom :tu:

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:21 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
[/quote]

Me too.  When we gonna do it again?  Maybe you and some of the other SoCal Atom guys can come up to a track day at Laguna or Infineon, and/or I'll come down to one of your tracks when you guys will be there. 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:40 pm

[quote="dp35"]
[quote="CalScot"]
[/quote]

Me too.  When we gonna do it again?  Maybe you and some of the other SoCal Atom guys can come up to a track day at Laguna or Infineon, and/or I'll come down to one of your tracks when you guys will be there. 
[/quote]
I would love to do Laguna Seca but you will cream me big time on your home turf :laugh: I still am game though, so anytime there is an opportunity I am up for it. I will be on vacation for the next three weeks and in Lanai Hawaii on Monday. After that, I am game for a weekend run up to LS or Infineon.
Button Willow would be a good center point but will be gagging hot from now on through October. I expect the northern coastal tracks would be much better.

I am game for a run up to Portland area later in the late summer for a meet as well. Maybe get Dingo, DP and his V8 and a few other track nuts to join in as well? September early October for that would work for me. Anybody want to organize an Atom track day or two around PIR?? It could be with NASA or any other group we can tag along with. I hear there is a dinner bet by DP. I am willing to come up for a free dinner ;D

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:57 pm

Its actually pretty easy to "organize" a track day at PIR.

You pretty much just sign up at http://www.motorsportreg.com/, and you're in.

Sept 18th - PCA - Oregon Region
Sept 22nd - BMWACA - Portland Chapter - DE Days
Oct 5th - PCA - Oregon Region (may or may not be wet)
Oct 14th - PCA - Oregon Region (this will probably be wet though)

We could just all agree to sign up for one of those days.

There are other track days as well such as Shelby club, Gran Prix imports, Lotus club (which are the best IMO).  DP, do you have any contacts with the lotus guys?  Less talk, more track time.  :tu:

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:12 am

PIR is pretty expensive to rent out.  I got a quote before Randy put together atomfest and it was crazy expensive.  For a simple get together then one of the track days would be good.