WCA video, chasing Calscot

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
CalScot

Re: WCA video, chasing Calscot

Post by CalScot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:05 am

It would be a simple track trip. A full two day weekend would be needed to justify the gas. I can trailer two Atoms so I can haul up one for somebody in SoCal if they want to help out with the fuel.
A Lotus run group would make sense. Any group could work if they let us in and are not too silly on rules & regs and let us get some decent track time.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:39 am

Yeah just signing up for an already scheduled track day event is what I had in mind.  I'm planning to go to Infineon/Sears Point on July 19th, and to Laguna Seca on the weekend of August 22nd.  The problem with Laguna is the sound rules.  Everyone has problems with that.  But unless you're really out to set a fast lap time, its not a big deal to just short shift through that area, which is what 90% of the cars are doing anyways. 

I'd be game for PIR if people are coming from all over, especially if the dinner is still up for grabs.  I think I remember dp changing the rules because of new paving or something.  We might need to quiz him on that.  Another question I have about it is - is the dinner for anyone that beats the lap time, just the 1st one, the fastest one, or...?  The weather is one thing to keep an eye on up there though.  Doesn't it rain up there every month except August, and even then occaisionally? 

positron

Post by positron » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:41 am

Buttonwillow this weekend for those who can stand 98+F.

I'm still pondering LS in August as well but sound and track fees are getting scary.

It's a ways out but Speed Ventures is running Spring Mt in Pahrump NV Oct 18/19. They haven't opened for sign up yet or track config yet. Very similar to RF with lots of twisties for our car. The track is cheap and has good amenities and a hour away from Vegas for our more adventurous.

http://www.speedventures.com/events/eve ... spx?id=181

http://www.springmountainmotorsports.co ... ap-layout/

Thunderhill is a great track too...
Last edited by positron on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:26 pm

Maybe I would have my car by Oct 18th...I think I'm being a bit too optimistic!

positron

Post by positron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:51 am

I missed LS as it already filled up for Sat/Sun, I can't justify fuel for one day..

Buttonwillow Aug 9/10 It can be hot but might not just depends on the weatherman. However, track 18CW on Sunday is a smoking fast config and may be worth the heat. I've run CW with the sweeper and was as blast. Plenty of WFO time. Not for the intercooled challenged.. I'll have my mini rad mounted in front of engine rad by then to test out..

It comes down to How long can you stand WFO down the drag strip before Star Mazda? Vid

If there is any interest please consolidate in it's own thread, else let it die..
Last edited by positron on Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:02 am

I thinks thats the config they ran with CalScots UTCC bid.

positron

Post by positron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:47 pm

May have been this one.. which they are running on Sat.. so come run the config Calscot ran..

dp35

Post by dp35 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:22 pm

Is there a single most common config for BW?

If a large number of you SoCal Atom boys will be there, I might too.  Gotta look at the calendar first.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:53 pm

[quote="dp35"]

If a large number of you SoCal Atom boys will be there, I might too.  Gotta look at the calendar first.
[/quote]

In my experience, the most common BW config is 13 CW (same as used during the UTCC).

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:11 pm

[quote="dp35"]

[/quote]

I've signed up for Saturday Aug 9th.

positron

Post by positron » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:07 am

Some version of 13 seems to be the most used. If 13, I prefer CCW. If Riverside CCW is setup correctly you come smoking into the bus stop at blinding speed, beautiful if done correctly.. The low Hp cars like 13 because there are a minimum of long straights. Our cars could go either way.

If done correctly Lost hills is a blast because of elevation change and blind off camber turn, and "OH Shiate" if not...

I prefer Star Mazda over the sweeper..

I don't really care for the bus stop CW..

Here's my Trophy chaser.. 13CW I let him go by in the bus stop because he's trophy chasing and driving over his head witnessed by him spinning out in Magic Mt. You'll notice the Ecotec exhaust note smoothly going past at the end... BW Vid Sometimes it's not who finishes first.. it's who finishes..
Last edited by positron on Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.