Socal Atom Meet 2: June 7, 2008 Cars and Coffee - Irvine, CA

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
fiestycolumbian

Socal Atom Meet 2: June 7, 2008 Cars and Coffee - Irvine, CA

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:09 am

Hey Guys,

Its time again for the twice annual Southern California Cars and Coffee meet and coastal drive!!
Last time was a big blast, this time will be even better.
I am looking for a weekend somewhere in April/May where at least the following eight can come:
Calscot
Fiesty
Maverick1
MaskedSpaz
Shinoo
nicolas
wgriwold
prbisiz

Let me know if anyone else that is in Socal that is interested.

Hopefully by April, Calscot and I will get our cars fixed up with new exhausts and engine rebuilds, that is the reason for the April/May timeframe. Also I do not want to overlap Calscot's AtomfestWest08 track event at Reno-Ferley in early June, so April/May sounds good and hopefully that will provide us with good weather.

We should use the same route we had last time, but if we can include Ortega that would be great. Hopefully the construction will allow us on weekends for a reasonable drive. Any other detours that anyone else wants to take is game, just let me know which other roads around Orange county we can take.

This time we should plan the whole day, drive a lot, have lunch/dinner after. So when thinking of dates, everyone should plan for most of the day. It will be more fun if everyone can stick together to the end of the event. Fill up with fuel right before you arrive, as I plan on exhausting our entire tank before its all said and done :D ;D.

Hopefully for myself it will be a much different drive. New tires, new exhaust, new wing, new shocks. I will definitely have much more fun keeping up with everyone.(Last time with those ES100's was not fun). I nominate Calscot again to lead the point, since this is his home turf, but with 500hp, I think he might leave us in the dust, maybe even lap us around the whole drive. :P I might have to put a brick under his accelerator and limit him to 1/2 his hp. ;D

This was a pic from last years meet, brings back such good memories! After looking at this pic, I had to setup another event, its too much fun!

Anyway, fire away dates!!

Fiesty
Last edited by fiestycolumbian on Fri May 09, 2008 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

CalScot

Re: Socal Atom Meet 2 (April/May tentative date) Cars and Coffee - Irvine, CA

Post by CalScot » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:05 pm

I am good anytime for C&C.
I should get my Atom back up and running in two weeks. Even with teething problems, mid March should be the latest. The build on my new Quiafe dog box tranny is the only potential holdup, but that's going well and I should have it back next wednesday. The engine is almost built. ;D I am getting excited

I have put off booking any track days unitl now, but I am getting confidant enough to start looking at the track schedules. So the end of March is a good time for me. I am still planning on a coastal run up to Monterey as soon as I feel the car is reliable.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 pm

Thats great news. Let me know as soon as your engine is done so I can ask Hytech to take my car in.
As soon as I get my shocks, which should take 4 weeks to build because they are custom order, then hopefully my car will be ready for C&C. I am looking at the end of March before I get everything together(other little things I have to do as well), thats why I gave a April/May timeframe. Also to accomodate all the other socal owners to get their act together :D.

Fiesty

j.vick125

Post by j.vick125 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:54 pm

coughpleasepickmaysoicanjoincough

;D

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:59 am

Sounds great guys.  I'm in. :tu:  April 19th is the only bad date for me..at this point.

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:24 am

I'm available most weekends with notice.

DriverXDeutsch

Post by DriverXDeutsch » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:28 am

Whenever/wherever you guys meet I will be there.  Last year was undoubtedly amazing.  Cant wait!  Oh, and my friend just got an x5 with that uber sized sunroof so we have a camera truck  :)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:37 pm

I can't promise availability for any dates between now and June, as I'm planning on working a lot of weekends during that time period and don't know WHICH ones I'll have to work yet.  If I'm available, though, I'll be there.

hondahamster

Post by hondahamster » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:35 am

all right boys, all the so cal atoms owner(with their atoms) have to come this time, and lets just say i have a surprise for all of you who decide to show up :tu: :-X ;D  :-* :angel: :tu: you will have to come and see :o ??? 8) ::) ;D :D ;) :angel: :tu: :pop:

But to get back on the topic here is the video of all the best from C&C, and of course the atoms are in there, i am kinda sad mav's spin wasn't in there,  ::) ;D, but spaz you were caught 2 times on this vid, and rest of us at least once.  :tu: very good video, and alot of cool cars, super cars getting side ways, 6 atoms setting the streets on fire, or did i say to much :laugh:

*calscot is that you at 2:31 doing that drift.

j.vick125

Post by j.vick125 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:36 am

[quote="hondahamster"]*calscot is that you at 2:31 doing that drift.

[/quote]

5:26 is me sitting on the curb, lol...  Soon I shall join you.... sooooooon.
Last edited by j.vick125 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

fiestycolumbian

Re: Socal Atom Meet 2: June 7, 2008, Cars and Coffee - Irvine, CA

Post by fiestycolumbian » Fri May 09, 2008 3:23 am

Ok date set, June 7, 2008, right before atomfestwest.
Details and possible coastal drives afterwords and dinner the night of June 6 before can be discussed here.

fiesty

Driver

Re: Socal Atom Meet 2: June 7, 2008 Cars and Coffee - Irvine, CA

Post by Driver » Fri May 09, 2008 5:07 am

I've linked this into the Calendar as well.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue May 20, 2008 5:17 pm

Just wanted to get an idea of how many atoms will be attending, and how many owners will be attending CC June 7.
I will be there early and just wanted an idea of how many spots I should reserve.

Also how many of us are interested in a dinner friday night, June 6, somewhere in southern California, hosted by all the socal atom owners. I would like to get some feedback on food types and the number of people that would be interested.

Fiesty

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm

[quote="fiestycolumbian"]
Just wanted to get an idea of how many atoms will be attending, and how many owners will be attending CC June 7.
I will be there early and just wanted an idea of how many spots I should reserve.

Also how many of us are interested in a dinner friday night, June 6, somewhere in southern California, hosted by all the socal atom owners. I would like to get some feedback on food types and the number of people that would be interested.

Fiesty
[/quote]

I emphatically vote that Friday night's dinner be held at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank, CA on Friday night.  Every Friday night (for the last 40 years or so now) you can find all sorts of cool cars at Bob's (quite a few celebrity cars too)...we could recreate the Atomfest Tulsa Sonic drive in scene, have a good 'ol fashioned diner meal and hang out with auto enthusiasts.  It's great fun.  ;)

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue May 20, 2008 8:45 pm

I would also want to experience BBB as it's a must see if your from out of state. Hopefully Wayne's still picking me up on his way through... :)