Invitation to Atoms - High end car show in Florida

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
1965Cobra427

Invitation to Atoms - High end car show in Florida

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:34 pm

I was contacted by Erik Rasmussen, the event organizer who would LOVE to have one or more Atoms at this car show in January. Please feel free to contact Erik directly if you would like to attend the show.
Image Image

CLASSIC SPORTS SUNDAY

SUNDAY, January 27, 2008 at theâ?¦ HILTON, Palm Beach Airportâ?¦ I-95 and Southern Blvd.
MARK YOUR CALENDERâ?¦ NOW!

A sports car show for the true enthusiast prepared the Cavallino Classic Way.
Contact Chairman: Erik Rasmussen 561-997-1636or 561-994-1345. E-mail: classicsunday@hotmail.com... Visit â??WWW.CAVALLINO.COMâ?� for more information and to download your entry form.

Cavallino Events, Inc. is pleased to announce a new automobile show to add onto the Palm Beach Cavallino Classic Ferrari showâ??s week of automotive activities held in January of each year. The theme will be old and new, sports and race cars.

The Classic Sports Sunday car show will be held at the beautiful and convenient Hilton Hotel at Palm Beach International Airport, on Sunday,January 27, 2008 at I-95 and Southern Blvd. Show times will be 9:30 am to 3:30pm.

Classic Sports Sunday is organized by the coordinators and staff that organizes the Palm Beach Cavallino Classic, with the same approach to quality, detail, planning, and hospitality that has made the Cavallino Classic  famous.

Classic Sports Sunday will host:

--Approximately 150 exciting show cars     
--Enjoyable low-key judging with awards
--Area for first-rate Sponsors and Vendors
--Hospitality tents for Sponsors, VIPs, and Participant lunches
--3000+ sports car enthusiast attendees

Featured sports and race car marques â?? Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Audi,Bentley, BMW, Bugatti, Cobra, Corvette, Ferrari, Fisker, Ford GT, Jaguar,Lamborghini, Lexus, Lotus, Maserati, Mazda, Mercedes, Mosler, Mustang, Nissan,Pagani, Pantera, Porsche, Radical, Saleen, Shelby GT, Spyker, Viper and many moreâ?¦

Classic Sports Sunday will become the premier multi-marque Sports Car event of the winter season in Florida.

For more information visitâ?¦ â??WWW.CAVALLINO.COMâ?�

Xanthus

Re: Invitation to Atoms - High end car show in Florida

Post by Xanthus » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:41 pm

Wow, just on the other coast...

If the Mini is running I may have to get it out there.

cactus bob

Post by cactus bob » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:03 pm

Looks like a lot of fun, but I read the form as a fee of $595 per person for the events....  Currently, I am kicking a screaming about paying $25 for the local car shows.  Shouldn't the car shows be paying us?

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:38 am

[quote="cactus bob"]
Looks like a lot of fun, but I read the form as a fee of $595 per person for the events....  Currently, I am kicking a screaming about paying $25 for the local car shows.  Shouldn't the car shows be paying us?
[/quote]

If any Atom owner thinks that can make it, they might contact Erik directly to see if they could get a pass or at least a steep discount to bring an Atom. From talking with him, i think he might be so inclined in order to get an Atom in the show. That's what I would do if i could go.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:22 am

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
If any Atom owner thinks that can make it, they might contact Erik directly to see if they could get a pass or at least a steep discount to bring an Atom. From talking with him, i think he might be so inclined in order to get an Atom in the show. That's what I would do if i could go.
[/quote]

Looking at the entry form for Classic Car Sunday, it is $80 admission for car + 2 people + lunch for 2.

The $595 is for the full Ferrari program and doesn't include admission to Classic Car Sunday.

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:57 am

I've missed this thread somehow, don't know how.  I'd love to make it but am not sure I can.  I was at the Grand Canyon this morning and in Southern Utah now.  I've got another trip scheduled for the first weekend of February to California and then to Monaco the next week. 

My Atom is in Tampa so I'd have to fly in from Cayman for that weekend and then make a run to Palm Beach and back with the Atom in tow because I don't have anywhere to keep it over there.  Between airfare and diesel fuel I'd definitely have an entry fee of $595 or more!  It would be fun, I'm just not sure it's worth it.