2007 Monterey Historic Automobile Races--interest?

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Mr.Woolery

2007 Monterey Historic Automobile Races--interest?

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:28 pm

Is anyone here interested in attending the 2007 Monterey Historics this year (August 17 - 19)?  I've never attended before, but am seriously considering it.  It would be cool to have an Atom contingent there.  I hear it's incredible.

If anyone else is interested maybe we could have an Atom camping molecule onsite.  :tu:

M3ichael

Re: 2007 Monterey Historic Automobile Races--interest?

Post by M3ichael » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:04 pm

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
Is anyone here interested in attending the 2007 Monterey Historics this year (August 17 - 19)?  I've never attended before, but am seriously considering it.  It would be cool to have an Atom contingent there.  I hear it's incredible.

If anyone else is interested maybe we could have an Atom camping molecule onsite.   :tu:
[/quote]

Mr. Spaz,
Our BMW corral is very nice and if your intrested in attending I can contact the BMW Festorics staff if your Atom can be featured in our VIP section.  Even thought it's not a BMW it still would be something different. The event is catered and fenced off to none pass holders.  There's usually a surprise or two during the event, Bobby Rahal and Boris Said came and signed autographs, the arrived in the M1, CSL racecar.  Year before that Jay Leno came in his McLaren. Here's a link check it out.  http://www.ggcbmwcca.org/index.php  The link is under Calendar.
Last edited by M3ichael on Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:18 pm

I would be glad to have the Atom included in any corral parking, as there aren't enough of us to warrant our own.  :D

So, folks, whaddaya say to having a molecule participate with the Bimmers?  ;D

dp35

Post by dp35 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:25 pm

I was just down there last weekend, and I checked into hotels for the weekend of the historic, concours, etc, and they are 100% booked.  If it weren't for that problem, I'd be interested.  There's a concours on the Friday of that week (Concours d'Italiano ?) that the Atoms would fit into nicely. 

M3ichael

Post by M3ichael » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:38 pm

[quote="dp35"]
I was just down there last weekend, and I checked into hotels for the weekend of the historic, concours, etc, and they are 100% booked.  If it weren't for that problem, I'd be interested.  There's a concours on the Friday of that week (Concours d'Italiano ?) that the Atoms would fit into nicely. 
[/quote]

The Concours I heard is nice (never been) the ticket prices are crazy expensive.  There are muliple event going on during the week so you can do more than one.  There's the Auctions at Portla Plaza, Pebble(wow), The Quail, The Historics, The D'Italiano, The Cristies Auction(got to drive the cars on stage).  If you do come there is more than enough to do during the weekend.  Hand out at the Historics then that night go down town and check out the auctions very cool.  Have dinner at the Baja Cantina (Automotive theme) on Carmel Valley Road.  Basically the road that lead to Quail Lodge.  I'll email the BMW Corral coord. and see what he says.

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:47 pm

Would seem to me there'd be a GM or British Corral that would do the trick as well. But beggars can't be picky. :)  It sounds like such a fun event.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:02 pm

[quote="dp35"]
[/quote]

I figured that hotels/motels would be booked solid, so I'm planning on camping onsite instead (if possible).

M3ichael

Post by M3ichael » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Not sure if there is a GM corral ::), there is a Corvette corral though.  The Ferrari club is usually next to us (Turn 5) we are just before the Bosch bridge.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:02 pm

Cant wait to go to the Portland historic races again this year.  600+ cars last year in the infield. 

M3ichael

Post by M3ichael » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:03 pm

I figured that hotels/motels would be booked solid, so I'm planning on camping onsite instead (if possible).
[/quote]

Toro Park is right down the road from Laguna.  Check out Marina for Hotels not many people think about Marina for staying the night.

I emailed the coordinator now just have to wait and see.
Last edited by M3ichael on Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.