I dream of a road trip across America.

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
John Lloyd

I dream of a road trip across America.

Post by John Lloyd » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:25 pm

I know we've been here before, but some of the photos appearing in the US section just make me sooooooo jealous.  I think I have convinced Brenda I need to go it's just financing it that's the problem!!  >:(

benyeats

Re: I dream of a road trip across America.

Post by benyeats » Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:53 pm

I really enjoy going for long drives in the US, even the long straight roads are different and relaxing in a way roads in the UK simply aren't, always try to work in at least one long drive to a business trip to the states.

How about going to Atomfest John ?  I am thinking about it, I am sure someone will let us have a go of a US car.

Ben

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:06 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
I know we've been here before, but some of the photos appearing in the US section just make me sooooooo jealous.  I think I have convinced Brenda I need to go it's just financing it that's the problem!!  >:(
[/quote]

If it happens, let us know how we can help make it memorable. We have Atoms and we aren't afraid to use them! There are lots of resources for selecting senic roads, but maybe none better than personal experiences. We know the lay of the land, the tolerance of the local law enforcement, the resturants, attractions, etc. We also have a good sense which seasons will accomodate you best in each part of the country. If you come to Arkansas/Oklahoma, we'll make sure you have an Atom experience on our local motor racing circuit at Hallett. I'll pick up your track day fees. If you come during AtomFest, so much the better.

This is a photo of Talimena drive in Southeast Oklahoma, it took in October, 2004. It is one of many, many great Atom roads.

They have a website:
http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:45 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
[/quote]

John, if/when you ever decide to do this, if you end up in Oregon you have a place to stay.  Actually... that goes for just about anybody here, if you guys do a road trip of any kind, I have an extra bedroom you can crash at for a night at any time. 

Gage

Post by Gage » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:53 pm

I'm offering a guest bedroom near Memphis TN.

JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:34 pm

AtomFest is sooooo tempting, I guess I'll have to see how funds are closer to the event.

Mind I'm not sure I'd get in an Atom with the upgraded seats  ::)