Darthchicken's deposit received

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
DarthChicken

Darthchicken's deposit received

Post by DarthChicken » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:32 pm

SO#228.

Does anybody know if the SO# has anything to do with anything at all?  Ie... am I the 228th Atom ordered?  Man, I hope not, thats a LOT of cars ahead of me, LOL!

I'm going to put the SO# in my profile, maybe we can figure out who's gettting what/when if we have enough people do this.
Last edited by DarthChicken on Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bottoz

Re: Darthchicken's deposit received

Post by Bottoz » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:55 pm

I'm SO#224... and a week after my order I spoke to a guy who is SO#226. I think thats just an inventory type thing... cause I spoke to Craig and I'm under the impression that there are 40 cars ahead of mine in the production que. He said my production number is 83, but this is not always representative of actual produced cars, as their computer system just assigns a unique number.

Interesting... in that 3 week period (18 AUG to 5 SEP) there were just 4 orders.
Last edited by Bottoz on Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:30 am

Could be that every complete car, partial part, upgrade to an existing car, etc... gets it's own SO#. Could explain the high numbers....

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:27 am

That makes sense.  So if somebody orders a fender, or some fuzzy dice, they get an order number.  Being in sales for Brammo must be INCREDIBLY boring if they've only gotten 4 orders over a 3 week period.  The phone rings, and everybody jumps to answer it  :laugh:

I just hope my deposit made it before the school.  I got an email from Craig on 9/2 saying "If you get your deposit in early enough next week, you will be right ahead of a school order for 8 cars!".  I went right down to the bank that day (Saturday) and initiated the wire transfer, which didn't go through until 9/5.  Damn holiday! I'll email and find out what car# I am I guess, thats probably a better way to look at this.  If my car# is any higher than 87, I know where I stand.

I can't imagine being stuck behind 8 cars for a school order... although does anybody know how many cars they are cranking out at this point in a week?  If you only have 40 cars ahead of you bottoz, and its gonna take 180 days... that means they are only putting out 3 cars every 2 weeks (or so)... so if those 8 cars got ahead of me, I'm delayed an extra 2.5 weeks!  ::)

Its gonna be a long, slow winter.....  :P

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:25 am

Honestly, if there are 40 cars ahead of mine and with 2-3 cars completed a week, I wouldn't be suprized to get my Atom in December.... well ahead of the possible 120 day time frame.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:32 am

[quote="Bottoz"]
Interesting... in that 3 week period (18 AUG to 5 SEP) there were just 4 orders.
[/quote]

Once you chaps do all the hard work and get your Atoms road legal in your respective states, I would expect the orders to increase. You are the brave, the innnovators, the early adopters. Others with slightly smaller cojones will wait to release their funds until they know they can stick the car on their driveway - and drive it away!

At the point at which most of the states accept the car, I would expect to see a little more publicity in the US press. If Craig doen't give you all a huge vote vote of thanks once your efforts result in licensed vehicles, then I should be most disappointed.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London