Circuit of the Americas (US F1)

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Shooterblaze

Circuit of the Americas (US F1)

Post by Shooterblaze » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 pm

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/

Who's going? I haven't gotten tickets yet so I'm pretty screwed but still plan to attend.

payne

Re: Circuit of the Americas (US F1)

Post by payne » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm going with a few Bay Area friends.  Get in Wed night, leave Monday.

JP

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:45 pm

I'm going, and I'm doing the F1 3-seater ride on Thursday.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:23 pm

I am going, flights and stuff not finalised but via NY in one direction or the other.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:38 am

Im going, as well as atomathics, Calscot, hondahamster, and a few friends as well. Basically the Socal contigent... We will be staying quite close to Austin.

[quote="benyeats"]
I am going, flights and stuff not finalised but via NY in one direction or the other.
[/quote]
See ya there benyeats!

If a bunch of us Atom guys end up attending, we should try to setup a big dinner.

fiesty

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:37 pm

Shame i cant lengthen my business trip - flying to Dallas first week in october. have a great time all

Stew

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:23 am

I live here, and am still undecided if I want to deal with the oppressive crowds and traffic that I know will be that entire week. Of course I have to drive right by it twice that week just to get to one of my clients locations down in Bastrop. I'm about 18 miles straight up US183 from it.

And yep, I know I'll rue the day if I don't go.... Wonder what Parking the RV in the parking lot would cost and just stay the night before/after in that?... Hmmm....

And if someone's hotel falls through or the like, I'm only using a couple of my 5 Bedrooms in the house I bought a few years ago. Nothing special... I also have a 38' Diesel Coach but it's kept 20 miles the OTHER side of the track down in San Marcos (sisters house). My driveway is not long enough for it and no 50 amp hookup at this place.

Fiesty? You guys doing the driving vacation, bringing the Atoms, or flying in?

payne

Post by payne » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:25 am

[quote="Driver"]
I live here, and am still undecided if I want to deal with the oppressive crowds and traffic that I know will be that entire week. Of course I have to drive right by it twice that week just to get to one of my clients locations down in Bastrop. I'm about 18 miles straight up US183 from it.

And yep, I know I'll rue the day if I don't go.... Wonder what Parking the RV in the parking lot would cost and just stay the night before/after in that?... Hmmm....

And if someone's hotel falls through or the like, I'm only using a couple of my 5 Bedrooms in the house I bought a few years ago. Nothing special... I also have a 38' Diesel Coach but it's kept 20 miles the OTHER side of the track down in San Marcos (sisters house). My driveway is not long enough for it and no 50 amp hookup at this place.

Fiesty? You guys doing the driving vacation, bringing the Atoms, or flying in?
[/quote]

Hmmmm... My friends and I might be interested in renting from you - we've been lagging on getting a hotel.  I'd be 3 or 4 of us, all respectful engineers and gearheads.  Let me check with them and then I'll get back to you.

Cheers,
Jason

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:08 pm

I heard that the Hotels and such have been booked pretty full for a while. People are renting as far South as San Antonio and even North past Georgetown to Temple/Killeen.  If you are going to try to get something decent close in, better do it quick, even the fleabag ones are hiking prices north of $250 a night. Easily done when there's only 30K rooms for 120K people.  :o  Maybe some people back out and some come available. I don't think Austin has seen anything like this is going to be since the Drag Boat Races :checkeredflag: downtown back in the 70's.

My house is modest but it's here if anyone needs a meal, a hot shower, place to relax before hitting the track or 6th Street. Regardless, I see beer buckets and pink bra's on people heads in the future (ask the guys at AtomFest 1). :)

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Who's going for the $200 parking pass?  Austin is making Monaco look reasonable.

I found a nice hotel in San Antonio for under $100/night total, so we're flying in and out of there.  Hopefully, it will make the whole thing easier.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:48 pm

The SoCal guys have sprung for the parking pass (yeah Fiesty...send the bill) as it seems like a sensible thing to do. This way, we can sit in rental van instead of a shuttle bus in gridlock ;D

We are driving to Austin in my wee motorhome, towing a Jeep CJ7 for beer and wine excursions. We booked an RV park months ago but we are still 10 miles from the track. Still, it looks like a nice spot to retreat to. I also booked that track ride thing in the converted F1 car. It seems a bit much for what it is but a nice chance to experience the track itself and get on the podium for a useless piece of plastic.

I've been way too sensible lately and feel the urge to rectify that so this could be a bit of a wild ride out to Austin.  >:D

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:55 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
I also booked that track ride thing in the converted F1 car. It seems a bit much for what it is but a nice chance to experience the track itself and get on the podium for a useless piece of plastic.

[/quote]

You do realize that the F1 ride is at a completely different track, right?  It's at Driveway Austin.  I booked my ride for Thursday.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:02 pm

[quote="RyanD"]
[quote="CalScot"]
I also booked that track ride thing in the converted F1 car. It seems a bit much for what it is but a nice chance to experience the track itself and get on the podium for a useless piece of plastic.

[/quote]

You do realize that the F1 ride is at a completely different track, right?  It's at Driveway Austin.  I booked my ride for Thursday.
[/quote]
Actually, no, I had no idea and never paid much attention to that small detail. I suppose I should have wore my reading glasses when I booked it. I'll make sure I wear them when I cancel it  ;D

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 pm

I have now booked my flights.  Flying in and out of San Antonio, should be meeting up with Pete, Feisty etc.

It looks like they have done an awesome job of the track, really looking forward to it. 

Driver, are you going to the race ?  or at least join us for the pink bra head wear sessions

Ben

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:00 am

Anybody going to the $400 after party or the $500 Aerosmith concert?  :doh:

Austin is not Monaco.