Circuit of the Americas (US F1)

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Driver

Re: Circuit of the Americas (US F1)

Post by Driver » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 am

The latter, sure. The race I don't know. Things are tight (under$tated) right now. But that can change between now and then. Regardless my place is open to crashers or for the bra wearing Sessions (you'll have to supply your own).  O0

I just ordered some new parts for my outdoor grille (burners were toast as were the grates) and they should be here this week. So we can burn meat like men were meant to do. :)

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:57 am

Who needs all that? The rolling party boys from So California, Cambridge, Scotland and Boston are coming to town in the Gin Palace. Give us a couple days and we'll have the place rocking and rolling. We might have a few mental deficiencies but we sure as hell can party like rockstars :)

Party on!

payne

Post by payne » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:45 am

Anyone down to get together downtown sometime this week?  I get in Wed night and leave Monday.

I'm seriously considering buying a bike from walmart and biking the 14 miles to the track to beat traffic.  Is that a stupid idea?  I'm in regular 10k running shape and this should offset the BBQ and beer calories...

JP

Driver

Post by Driver » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:18 am

14 Miles from Where? Depends on the starting point and the roads in between. Some can be downright life threatening in rush hour. We lose several people a year that get run over. Usually someone out for a ride out in the hills, very experienced bikers and they still get hit. Although I saw in one of the maps that they have laid out a bike path. Me? I'd do one of the park and ride lots. Let the city bus drivers deal with the hassle.

I'm free Thursday afternoon on. Will be in Bastrop all morning and ducking out around noonish. Taking Friday off. I'm 21 miles North of the track. Was thinking about checking in with CalScot and seeing if he'll already be at the campground on the river there in Bastrop and drop by. Just a few miles away.

PS: Just free'd up Wed night as well. If you need anything, wanna do dinner or something PM me your info.
Last edited by Driver on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 am

I'll be free from Thursday on as well.  We paid for the parking lot closer to the track with the shorter bus ride.  Hoping that will save us some time getting in and out of the track.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 pm

In case anyone is reading this next year on one of the days Feisty and I had occasion to get the shuttle bus to downtown Austin.  It was a great service with no queuing suffered.

Likewise parking and traffic control was very good on all three days of the event.

The only real issue I had with the whole set up was the cost of food at the circuit, which frankly took the piss.

Ben