The Chump Car Series.

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Mota Leira

Re: The Chump Car Series.

Post by Mota Leira » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:14 pm

Just registered for my very first car race ever: Laguna Seca February 12. Any other Atom Clubbers going?

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:20 pm

A bit far for our team, although we do plan to race at infineon on Dec. 8th & 9th. We qualified (just) for the regional 'Chumpianship". Planning the Spokane double 8 enduro on May 5-6, the Spokane 24 hour, July 21-22, 'The Ridge' 14 hour on Sept 15th, and Infineon. :vroom:

davec

Post by davec » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:57 pm

For Chump Cars, Charlie Sheen Racing here, '89 Accord out of Seattle - hoping to get the car ready for the Pacific Racways event this spring.  Last race was Hallowe'en at Portland International where, unfortunately, we spent more time in the pits than on track.  We also ran the LeMons race at ORP earlier in the year.

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:48 am

Running at the Ridge, Washington state, on Sept. 15th. Anyone else?

davec

Post by davec » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:45 pm

We ran the Ridge with Lemons a few weeks ago - absolutely brilliant new track.  Not sure of we can make Sept. 15th but trying.

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:15 pm

We can't wait to try it. Bit of a challenge to set up the car for an unknown track, but the elevation changes look cool! I think we're entering as Tach-a-phobic racing.

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:45 am

Entering the 36 hour Spokane race in July. Min. 6 drivers. I'm told it maybe a record for longest event in North America. Getting some decent sponsorship for the series as well... Redline oils, Optima Batteries....
Redline guy was over heard saying 'our products keeping these beaters going for hour after hour is a marketing bonanza for us' :H:

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 am

For what it's worth, we finished 6th out of 29 in the 'Chumpianship' in Dec., 9th out of 59 in the race. It was an amazing experience on a 'Bucket List' track with perfect weather.
Note to self: Spend the extra $18 on new brake pads (the old ones lasted 7 hours 57 min into an 8 hour race... look Ma, no brakes :o)

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:17 am

Completed the Spokane 36 hour race two weeks ago... what a blast. 60 started, 40 finished. Pretty good for $500 crap cans! We had our first 'off' 20 minutes in, blew an oil line. Replacement oil line too short. Oil cooler re-located at 45 degree angle out top of engine compartment. Fuel starvation problem for hours and hours. Finally located broken wire to mid-stream fuel pump. I never want to see another protein bar again in my life. Had a slight.. uumm.. altercation with Civic. Replaced front tire and adjusted toe in with sledge hammer. Racing Laguna Seca next (Bucket list). Why dosen't everyone do this?
Heard in pits: Does it bother anyone that 1/5 of a $500 car costs $1400???

Upshift

Post by Upshift » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:28 pm

[quote="Flying Phil"]
Heard in pits: Does it bother anyone that 1/5 of a $500 car costs $1400???
[/quote]

:roflp:

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:21 pm

Phil are you doing The Ridge this weekend?

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

My team is going (Tachophobic Racing), but, sadly, I am not. Work and summer are in the way. We're hoping the team qualifies for the 'Chumpianship' at The Ridge. We all really want to go again this year.
How about yourself? Are you there this weekend?

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:59 pm

I was thinking of running over, that's why I asked

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:06 am

Greg L., Jeff, Ron, and Greg P. are my team mates. If you go, head over to their pit and say 'hi'. The competition seems fairly tight, so there should be some good racing this weekend :vroom:

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Tough racing weekend for my team. 6th place after 4 hours, then blew first engine. Swapped to spare engine, subsequently blew that one. On the trailer, on the way home