Good news for Nor Cal track days, NCRC lawsuit settled

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
dp35

Good news for Nor Cal track days, NCRC lawsuit settled

Post by dp35 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:51 am

NCRC is the cheapest and best Nor Cal track day promoter, IMO. They were in a lawsuit with Thunderhill and Buttonwillow because the tracks wanted them to raise their prices. It was dumb and looked like it would end without NCRC ever having events at those tracks again. But they settled the lawsuit without raising their prices, and now have released their 2011 schedule. This is the best place to get track time at Thunderhill, Laguna Seca, or Buttonwillow. You can either run a normal track day group, or race, or both. For me this was the perfect transition from track days to real SCCA & NASA racing.

http://ncracing.org/events.php

positron

Re: Good news for Nor Cal track days, NCRC lawsuit settled

Post by positron » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:53 am

I agree with Darin, I ran with them the first time last weekend. One of my big things is that a group runs on time. The organizers where helpful, friendly, well run and not overbearing with rules and restrictions.

You can also measure by how friendly the other participants are to you as new to the group. Had several people come by and compliment the car.  Which also transitions to the temperature of track etiquette of your trackmates.

I prefer two day events the farther away from home, but they seem to be fewer and fewer at LS and Infineon in general.

Very pleased and glad to endorse as well. I'll be running with them as schedule permits.