Atom Superfest

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Gage

Re: Atom Superfest

Post by Gage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:11 pm

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Gage"]
It will happen.  9 out of 10 people are procrastinators.    (or at least I am)     ;D
[/quote]

Are you sure?
[/quote]

I am certain I am a procrastinator, and I'm reasonably sure that most other people are.    ;D

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Well, consider this suggestion:

If you have any interest in going, send your deposit!  Help give the event momentum by supporting it as soon as possible. 

People by and large are followers, even among the eccentric and often uniquely personable Atom community.  If we lead them to the Superfest, they will come.    Reminds me of a movie...

And, if it does not happen, the deposit will be refunded. 

Most who have not been to one of these events just can't appreciate how EPIC they are.  I wish I could upload my experiences to them.  And I wasn't nearly as involved as many here.  It is worth every dollar, every mile, and every second invested.    :tu:

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:21 pm

[quote="Gage"]
I am certain I am a procrastinator, and I'm reasonably sure that most other people are.     ;D
[/quote]

And this explains why:
youarenotsosmart.com/2010/10/27/procrastination/

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:31 pm

I have no idea if it'll put people off or not, but I will deffo be coming and I have reserved a villa trackside... (I had two but my hair and make up people and the rest of the retinue aren't now coming)
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:46 pm

[quote="RyanD"]
[quote="Gage"]
I am certain I am a procrastinator, and I'm reasonably sure that most other people are.     ;D
[/quote]
And this explains why:
youarenotsosmart.com/2010/10/27/procrastination/
[/quote]
You said it Ryan.  I am not so smart.  But hey, even so I have no excuse to complain.  Pracrastination is on my long list of flaws to work on.    :OT:  :)

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
I have no idea if it'll put people off or not, but I will deffo be coming and I have reserved a villa trackside... (I had two but my hair and make up people and the rest of the retinue aren't now coming)
[/quote]

Bruce, no one will regret your coming if they get to meet you in person.     ;)
Last edited by Gage on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:41 am

Hope to be there with my Dad. Can't afford to bring my car, but might rent one for an hour or so. I hope this event flies!

Flying Phil

Post by Flying Phil » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:13 pm

Since I don't seem to be on TMI's mailing list (I only bought one car :-[), could someone point me in the direction of the application. It's not on TMI's web site from what I can see.

SpatialThreat

Post by SpatialThreat » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:19 pm

Call TMI extension 303 and leave Mark S. A voicemail saying your commitment.  Work on the deposit later.  That would be my reco.

swaltner

Post by swaltner » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:44 pm

[quote="Flying Phil"]
Since I don't seem to be on TMI's mailing list (I only bought one car :-[), could someone point me in the direction of the application. It's not on TMI's web site from what I can see.
[/quote]

http://library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1102633925864-88/Atom+SuperFest+RSVP.pdf

That form is only necessary if you're paying by check. If you're paying by credit card, as mentioned, call Mark to provide your details.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:30 am

Other than the initial info on this from TMI, it's been really quiet. I know they are busy with the the SRA stuff and all that but this type of thing needs promotion and some hype. When I organized the West coast adventures, I called everybody I knew, sent personal emails, talked it up, posted pictures, got feedback on the schedule, talked enthusiastically about it all the time and basically kept it topical and visible every couple days. It takes work and effort to keep it vibrant and appealing, even if your just talking pish to keep it in the forefront. Randy did a thousand times more work than me on the Atomfests and spent a small fortune too. He was the master of promo with videos, banners, websites and soo much more.

TMI have basically said it your event, 50 need to sign up by March 31 or it's not happening. I'd like to be enthused, I'd like to be excited. I also know TMI's AAE events were class as they are too and they put on a great show, but I have to tell you, they can't market worth diddly!
Last edited by CalScot on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

atomaker

Post by atomaker » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:31 am

OK Peter, you may well be right! 

All here at TMI have been WOT for past 2 months on launching 20 new SRA + 5 AAE car builds, + customer Atom 3s.  Tried putting as much detail as possible in earlier SuperFest post + personally emailed every NA Atom owner in our records.  Apologies if some didn't receive PM.  Mark's currently in Mexico City with dealer.

So far not good news on X-country transport (CA/WA).  Having great difficulty finding anything much under $3,000. return (today's Dollars)!  And everyone's skittish of committing ahead on trucking rates due to escalating fuel pricing + insurance costs.  So we're still working on car transport but doesn't look good (includes broker hauling our own transporter, due to total travel miles involved - VA>CA>VA>CA>VA).  We can make our 5 AAE cars available but without a good number of owners + their cars it just wouldn't all be too worthwhile.

Number of Atom owner commitments so far very underwhelming, whether due to procrastination or lack of interest, so also not looking good to date.  The dates perhaps aren't ideal but they're the very best that we could get 3-4 months ago, and also not typically too bad here in extreme southern VA........and that's why there's a pub on-site!  If we can get a good event going here in 2011, getting prime future dates wouldn't be an issue.  If holding it in May to Sept. makes all the difference to many owners, we could always postpone it to 2012 and just hold a 1-day event here this summer for the 'local' eastern US owners, perhaps combined with one of our SRA race weekends? 

Just let us know whatever you want/need to know that we haven't already put out there.  Call us/email us/talk to us/or just post it.  We welcome your feedback and are happy to oblige wherever possible.  We (and VIR) really want to see Atom SuperFest happen this year!  It's not being organized for us; it's for all of you, as AtomFest I & II were.

But it remains a reality for us that if not enough Atom owners are willing to commit early enough, we can't commit to the track, etc., for the many things that must be pre-arranged, confirmed and/or prepaid. 

Cheers,
Dave 

toms

Post by toms » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:28 pm

This needs a big push from us, the owners, if you want it to happen.  TMI need the numbers to make it work so if you're sitting on the fence at the moment get in touch with TMI ASAP and give them your card details!

Ariel UK will be there, wouldn't miss it for the world.  Just the thought that in the crazy ol' US of A you can have a pub at a racetrack is good enough reason for me to go  ;D

atomaker

Post by atomaker » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:07 pm

X-Country Atom SuperFest Transport Update:

Thanks to a good lead from Terry Kennedy we've now obtained a much improved price (central/northern CA>VIR>central/northern CA), including adequate in-transit insurance on each car:  $2,100./car return.  The enclosed trailer(s) will hold 8 Atoms/ea.  Please note that this rate is for exclusive use and is therefore subject to us filling 1 (or more) trailer(s) for the complete round trip.  Or, the round trip price is $16,800., to be spread over how many Atoms are actually in each trailer.  We obviously need to have multiples of 8 cars for lowest individual cost and the most suitable western pickup/delivery point would need to be pre-arranged (perhaps 2+ points if directly along the designated route - tbd).  This also includes the transport driver(s) staying on-site at VIR throughout the event so the trailer(s) would also remain on-site.

Based on this good pricing for transport, please let us know ASAP how many of you in the US west/northwest are now willing & able to commit to attending SuperFest.

Thanks,
Dave

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:52 pm

[quote="atomaker"]

Thanks to a good lead from Terry Kennedy we've now obtained a much improved price (central/northern CA>VIR>central/northern CA), including adequate in-transit insurance on each car:  $2,100./car return.  The enclosed trailer(s) will hold 8 Atoms/ea.  Please note that this rate is for exclusive use and is therefore subject to us filling 1 (or more) trailer(s) for the complete round trip.  Or, the round trip price is $16,800., to be spread over how many Atoms are actually in each trailer.  We obviously need to have multiples of 8 cars for lowest individual cost and the most suitable western pickup/delivery point would need to be pre-arranged (perhaps 2+ points if directly along the designated route - tbd).  This also includes the transport driver(s) staying on-site at VIR throughout the event so the trailer(s) would also remain on-site.

Based on this good pricing for transport, please let us know ASAP how many of you in the US west/northwest are now willing & able to commit to attending SuperFest.

Thanks,
Dave
[/quote]
I'm in. Only need 7 more to fill a trailer!
C'mon you lot. I'll buy each of the next 7 West Coasties to sign up all the beer they can drink the first night :)

toms

Post by toms » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:59 pm

[quote="CalScot"]
[quote="atomaker"]

Thanks,
Dave
[/quote]
I'm in. Only need 7 more to fill a trailer!
C'mon you lot. I'll buy each of the next 7 West Coasties to sign up all the beer they can drink the first night :)
[/quote]

That's the spirit Pete!!!!  And i know from experience that you'll do it too!!!!