Atom Superfest

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Bruce Fielding

Re: Atom Superfest

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 pm

I rang Mark up today to book track time, a car and a Villa... no reply as yet...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

SpatialThreat

Post by SpatialThreat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Told Mark that I will be sending the d/p for the AtomFest with my assembly payment.  We need to get 30 cars people, lets see some commitments!

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:10 pm

I'ill bundle up and commit regardless.... but November?
What happened to February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, & October?

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:47 pm

[quote="Marcus"]
What happened to February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, & October?
[/quote]

Good question Marcus.  

Now I'm just speculating here, but I think it is reasonable to conclude that the U.S. Ariel Atom Factory would have preferred to hold this event earlier in the year.  The fact that they did not, implies that the first week of November is the best week they could get from VIR, from all reports an INCREDIBLE and thus quite busy track.  

However, won't the Atoms run like scalded cats in that cool weather?  You guys do know that VIR is BEAUTIFUL right?  This will be an amazing event.  I'll just throw on a jacket.    =)    

So my take would be:  To have an event of this caliber and class, in such an amazing place, with factory support, will be an automotive miracle.  You mean we are actually going to have a SUPERFEST?   With all the bells and whistles? :tu:  On one of the greatest tracks in the world?

HOLY RACING ATOM SWEETNESS BATMAN!!!     :drool:

That is IF we all step up to the plate and commit.    

I'll take something to try and to calm down.   ;D

Of note:  Historic temp. data for Alton Virgina (VIR) for November 9nth:  Average High: 65°F Average Low: 34°F Mean: 50° F Record High: 80°F (2003) Record Low: 18°F (1991)
Last edited by Gage on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curt

Post by curt » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 pm

I'll be there- coming from DC is a no brainer.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:28 pm

[quote="Marcus"]

[/quote]

By the same logic, you could pick any one of those months and ask what happened to the other eight?

So long as it's dry (and November is one of the driest months in Virginia) and not too cold during the day (average 62 F) , does it really matter?

It'll be brilliant and I'll be bringing malt whisky to keep me warm at night.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:58 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
So long as it's dry (and November is one of the driest months in Virginia) and not too cold during the day (average 62 F), does it really matter?
[/quote]

Dry, hopefully, but average temp that time of year is in the high 40s, not 60s, and one-third of the days of an average November are below 32F.
http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weat ... r=&s=60437

Bring extra whisky.

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:46 pm

[quote="atomathics"]

Dry, hopefully, but average temp that time of year is in the high 40s, not 60s, and one-third of the days of an average November are below 32F.
http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/weat ... r=&s=60437

Bring extra whisky.
[/quote]

On the bright side, a set of tires should easily last all 3 days since we'll never get them warm.

McFred

Post by McFred » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Also on the bright side, cooler weather means more power and fewer cooling issues. ;)

I hope transportation can be arranged for a reasonable price or I might have to try and rent (hire) one of their Spec Chassis.

McFred

Post by McFred » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:12 pm

I called TMI and they're not getting much interest.  If there's no interest Atom Superfest's probably not going to fly.  If anyone would like to attend please tell them so.

TMI:
(434) 822 9103

If it's too far to drive/transport your own Atom then they'd have a few Atoms for hire.

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:18 pm

[quote="McFred"]
I called TMI and they're not getting much interest.  If there's no interest Atom Superfest's probably not going to fly.  If anyone would like to attend please tell them so.
[/quote]

I faxed my registration today.  I want to see what my car will do on that 4000-ft long straight.  :tu:

swaltner

Post by swaltner » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:31 pm

I suspect part of the lack of response is because of the late time in the year. That, or everyone is just waiting until the last minute to signup. Whenever it was that I called TMI to register, they said the dates were picked by VIR and that if we had a "good" event (well attended is the definition of good), we would get priority scheduling in the future.

I was kind of planning on making this a multi-week trip, leaving the truck/trailer at a friend's house in Georgia and then driving around in Florida to visit my brother, ...., and maybe even on down to the Keys.

Hopefully, TMI will get enough response to keep this event from getting cancelled. I was really looking forward to the trip. I made it to both of the events at Hallett and was looking forward to attending one post Atom purchase.

Initial deposits are supposed to be received by March 31.

Gage

Post by Gage » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:06 pm

It will happen.  9 out of 10 people are procrastinators.    (or at least I am)    ;D

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 pm

[quote="Gage"]
It will happen.  9 out of 10 people are procrastinators.    (or at least I am)     ;D
[/quote]

Are you sure?

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:57 pm

I only heard about this event from the forum because I wasn't on TMI's mailing list.  Maybe some of the other Brammo Atom owners aren't either.  It isn't mentioned on TMI's web site either.  ???

I think we'll have a hard time getting 30 owners to bring their cars, especially with so many on the west coast.