California Speedway, November 19th, 20th, 21st.

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
CalScot

California Speedway, November 19th, 20th, 21st.

Post by CalScot » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am

I'm planning on this:
http://www.speedventures.com/events/eve ... spx?id=295

I like California Speedway. It's fast and has a nice mix of track style. We can also camp overnight here so I will be signing up for two days and will have the motorhome, BBQ stuff and looking to have a fun relaxing time.

We will have a mix of Atoms, Formula cars, lotus's and some other stuff. I already know of a small handfull of Atom owners up for this so get your names down and see if we can get a good group commited and I'll hammer them for some discount.

atomathics

Re: California Speedway, November 19th, 20th, 21st.

Post by atomathics » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:30 am

Those dates could work for me so I'm putting it on the calendar. 

I could do Friday & Saturday or Saturday & Sunday.  Would lean towards the Friday & Saturday.

Wot say ye SoCal Atoms?

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 am

Hamster and I should be able to make this one. Probably Sat/Sun.

fiesty

shaft420

Post by shaft420 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:12 am

Need to get back on the track! I could be in for Sat and or Sunday!

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:16 pm

BUMP

It's getting closer:)

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:58 pm

I was just about to post a new thread about going to Buttonwillow on this weekend.  Its still early, any chance you guys might consider BW instead? 

The event at BW is run by NCRC, my fav promoter.  Cost is $100/day for 5 sessions, or 4 sessions for the race group (practice, qual, 2 races).  You can also run the race group and the open passing group for $200, 9 sessions/day.  I'm planning on driving my Atom in the race group both days, unless it rains, in which case I'll drive my Spec Miata.  The Miata will be there because my brother will be driving it in the open group.  Chances of rain are always slim at BW.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:07 am

[quote="dp35"]
I was just about to post a new thread about going to Buttonwillow on this weekend.  Its still early, any chance you guys might consider BW instead? 

The event at BW is run by NCRC, my fav promoter.  Cost is $100/day for 5 sessions, or 4 sessions for the race group (practice, qual, 2 races).  You can also run the race group and the open passing group for $200, 9 sessions/day.  I'm planning on driving my Atom in the race group both days, unless it rains, in which case I'll drive my Spec Miata.  The Miata will be there because my brother will be driving it in the open group.  Chances of rain are always slim at BW.
[/quote]
Just keep driving south another 2 hours ya pussy. You can sleep in my RV. You can play Nascar dude for a few days on the oval  ;D

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:12 am

I'm going to a RACE!  Drive two more hours for a track day?  No thanks.  Besibes, BW is already 4 hours for me.

Edit - I'm going to a track day that also has a race, which I will enter.
Last edited by dp35 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:43 pm

So tempting... get my car this week... I think it's too early for me to take it to a track and risk breaking diffusers and getting a bunch of rock chips, or worse. It's probably going to be enough of a challenge to drive it on regular roads.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:41 pm

[quote="dp35"]
I'm going to a RACE!  Drive two more hours for a track day?  No thanks.  Besibes, BW is already 4 hours for me.

Edit - I'm going to a track day that also has a race, which I will enter.
[/quote]

I'm going to drink and run about silly in cars :)

I'd actually like to do the BW day. It will be nice weather at this time of year and I quite like BW as a track as it's fast and has good good facilities, however, we already have small group organized and Cal Speedway is so close to us it cancels out any negatives it might have. I also am planning on running the F2000 series next year and Cal Speedway is first on next years calendar so it's a test day for the F2000 as well. I'm going to run one day in the Atom and the other in the F2000 car. 

[quote="Mota Leira"]
So tempting... get my car this week... I think it's too early for me to take it to a track and risk breaking diffusers and getting a bunch of rock chips, or worse. It's probably going to be enough of a challenge to drive it on regular roads.
[/quote]

This would be a perfect opportunity for you TBH. Sign up for the novice group and get a chance to learn the car in a safe place. Cal Speedway is all grass run-off and is actually a good track to learn on. Plus you will meet a bunch of good guys (not me, I'm a whack job) and get a chance to be a passenger and see how some of the more experienced guys handle the car. I think you'd have a great time and it's the perfect chance to explore your Atom safely.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:52 pm

Not getting much feedback on this??
Fiesty, Atomathics, Avi and ???

Here's the deal. I am happy to go to BW this scheduled weekend and forget Cal Speedway if we can get more Atoms from up north to come. My F2000 car is out of commision for a month so I won't get the practice with it that I planned so it's just all about Atoms and social stuff (ie good booze and cheer) This means I am way more open to where I go and if we can get a good group to go to BW, I am all for it.

I have very little time right now to mess with stuff so if you see this and want to do it, you need to let me know. I cannot negotiate much of a deal with only 3 or 4 Atoms and I need to book something soon. The Cal Speedway deal is booking up fast and I am sure the BW event will too as it's really cheap and the perfect weather season for BW.

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:45 pm

[quote="CalScot"]

[quote="Mota Leira"]
[/quote]

This would be a perfect opportunity for you TBH. Sign up for the novice group and get a chance to learn the car in a safe place. Cal Speedway is all grass run-off and is actually a good track to learn on. Plus you will meet a bunch of good guys (not me, I'm a whack job) and get a chance to be a passenger and see how some of the more experienced guys handle the car. I think you'd have a great time and it's the perfect chance to explore your Atom safely.
[/quote]

Ok, there's a good chance I'll join. My brother is visiting that week so i'll have to double check that he wants to go first.

Edit: I'll add that it would have to be Cal Speedway (and not BW) and that it would have to be on Friday only for me.
Last edited by Mota Leira on Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mota Leira

Post by Mota Leira » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:20 am

My brother and I will both go to Cal Speedway on Friday if there will be some experienced Atom drivers there.

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:54 am

Hamster and I have just signed up for Saturday and Sunday. Hope some of you can make it!

fiesty

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 pm

I can't do Saturday, which sucks.

However I can do Sunday, and possibly Friday.