palatov motorsport trackday at ORP june 1st

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
dp

palatov motorsport trackday at ORP june 1st

Post by dp » Tue May 18, 2010 3:24 am

still a couple spots left - $200 for 3.5hours of tracktime on a VERY fun track :)  my atom is now gone but there will be at least one atom in attendance.  we'll be bringing the dp4 prototype. 

signup and info is at www.palatov.com/events/

DarthChicken

Re: palatov motorsport trackday at ORP june 1st

Post by DarthChicken » Tue May 18, 2010 1:50 pm

I'm signed up... Anybody from Washington coming?  I can't believe they haven't filled the 20 spots yet!

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:27 am

What a day.  I was out the door at 5:30AM, got to the track at 8:15 (148 miles, stopped for coffee and a refill).  140 miles on the track, pretty much blowing the doors off of anybody that had doors (DP4 does NOT have doors, but it does have sticky shoes that walk around anybody that is on the track.. that thing is FAST).  Worn out, only did 6 of the 7 sessions available, but that netted me something like two and a half hours on the track.  And what a track, something like 16 turns or some such thing.

[img width=474 height=600]http://www.oregonraceway.com/images/orp_track_map.jpg[/img]

And then the drive home.. complete with rain that started 80 miles from home.  Didn't stop to put my raingear on, I just wanted to get home.. and by the time I got home, I was so cold I had to jump in the shower and drink some hot tea to get the chills out of my bones.

Total mileage for the day, including track day - 436 miles. 

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:30 am

:tu:  :tu:  :tu:

Great day.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:38 am

Two comments:

A) that's a truly hardcore day -- well done!

B) there doesn't seem to be an inch of tarmac that they left unnamed!  Really, guys, could ya leave some room for the future?
Last edited by atomathics on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

dp

Post by dp » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:56 am

Darth - thanks for joining us (and for letting M ride along! :) ) - hope to see you on the 28th.  maybe some other atoms can make it too.    

the rain on the way back was something - no gear?  hardcore indeed!

i'll be posting an update and a dp4 video on dpcars.net shortly but probably not tonight...   whew!

[img width=800 height=449]http://www.dpcars.net/dplite/dp4377l.jpg[/img]
Last edited by dp on Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dp

Post by dp » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:38 pm

here's a video (it's 92MB so might want to right-click and save) - http://www.dpcars.net/dp4%20orp1.wmv

or on youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ6T3foe6Lc
Last edited by dp on Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:47 am

What kind of track times were you putting down at the end of the day?  That lap, while obviously fast, was somthing like a 2:02.  I was doing 2:00s at the end of the day, so I'm guessing..low 1:50s? 

dp

Post by dp » Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:48 am

[quote="DarthChicken"]
What kind of track times were you putting down at the end of the day?  That lap, while obviously fast, was somthing like a 2:02.  I was doing 2:00s at the end of the day, so I'm guessing..low 1:50s? 
[/quote]

we had 5 different people drive the car and missed three sessions with glitches so nobody got much seat time.  i had the most with 8 full laps and got it down to 1:58 flat but it's got a lot more in it.  with some tuning and seat time it should be capable of mid 1:40s.  Karl is driving it in the video.  M and Tristan drove in the last session.  all three got into 2:01s on their third lap :) 

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:10 am

Very cool Dennis!  Wish that I was there

dp

Post by dp » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:23 am

[quote="Norm"]
Very cool Dennis!  Wish that I was there
[/quote]

next event is june 28 :)

depending on schedule and state of the prototype there may be some some dp4 demo laps over lunch ;)

if you happen to be in portland at some point give me a call and drop by the shop - we'll show you the progress.
Last edited by dp on Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:43 pm

Man!!!

The DP is AWESOMENESS! Me like it!  :drool:

DP is one of those guys with the means to do it well and do even better!  :tu:

The engine sound is not as nice as a honda snorkle though...

And i would guess it could be driveable in Luxembourg and UK too wouldn't it?

To make sure trucks see you just paint it fluo orange!

In the 60's canams and protos, the mirrors were on the wheel arches or farther to the extremities of the car, any reason why you put them there DP? The driver's position on the side probably...

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:56 pm

[quote="dp"]
[quote="Norm"]
Very cool Dennis!  Wish that I was there
[/quote]

next event is june 28 :)

depending on schedule and state of the prototype there may be some some dp4 demo laps over lunch ;)

if you happen to be in portland at some point give me a call and drop by the shop - we'll show you the progress.
[/quote]

I am guessing that someone of my, er, ... dimension isn't going to fit .. 

dp

Post by dp » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:08 pm

[quote="Norm"]
I am guessing that someone of my, er, ... dimension isn't going to fit ..  
[/quote]

we've had some big/tall guys (6'2"/250lb) in there so i wouldn't rule it out.  if you have a chance to drop by the shop we can see if the car will fit you.
Last edited by dp on Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:30 pm

Sure would be nice to have some sort of removeable canopy for those  few times you must run in the rain.  (like every event,lately)

It could be light and fully detachable...maybe sliding...yea.     

Looking very nice..and I really like the  'Busa driveline.  I already know how well it moves 750lbs... :H: