TX World's Speedway April 24/25th

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to

Interest in a Weekend at TX World's Speedway April 24/25th

You may select 1 option

View results

positron

TX World's Speedway April 24/25th

Post by positron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:07 am

I've got a business trip to TX in April and figured might as well drag the car along to catch a few tracks along the way.

Right now I'm looking at TX World's Speedway (TWS) located in College Station, about two hours north of Houston and three hours south of Dallas or at least it used to be.
http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/

Can't speak to the track, I was only a spectator several times during the '70's much before they let amateurs loose on track.. but would like to run there for old times sake.

Nothing special, just a weekend at the track.

This is a NASA event running Sat/Sun April 24/25th. I ran with them at Houston MSR on the return from AF1 in '07 and they were Atom friendly. http://www.nasatxracing.com/

I'm told that they are running the 2.9 roadcourse CCW. Link I think it's this config but CCW (anticlockwise) Vid Link

Hope to have the Harrop sorted out by then and if we can get Silver off the dime maybe he'll charge his battery and leave his city's limits.

Wayne, this looks really flat and they'll have instruction.

silver

Re: TX World's Speedway April 24/25th

Post by silver » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:39 am

I swear I'm motivated 100% to make this happen.....harrop swap is within my grasp, I'm hoping by mid march I can have everything here and with everyone's guidance maybe I'll figure out how to fix that darn battery too LMAO.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:42 am

I was in College Station just this past Saturday at a differant kind of track. College indoor track & field meet. Texas A&M had a young kid run the fastest time in the world this year for 400 meters as well as the 4 x 400 relay. 212 miles going down thru Ft. Worth from DFW airport, and coming back up 45 thru the Dallas side was 210 miles. College Sation (Aggie Land) is also fast food restaurant capital. It doesn't smell of cow piles (this time).
Last edited by Radowick on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

positron

Post by positron » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 pm

I spent a small fortune at Chicken Oil, (not sure which order) on Beer in a Long Neck and Death Burgers. Cheeseburger with Jalapeno's and Tabasco.. Mighty fine eatin'.  ;D

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm

College Station is a small town with a very big school. The town is all about the school and catering to the young students and their eating and drinking habits. If you can name a restaurant, there is very good chance you will find it on University drive. The school I went to 30 years ago had about 3 restaurants. But I have made up for lost time and meals since those poor college student days.

positron

Post by positron » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:44 am

Nasa registration now open. Hoping this will be a fun track.

https://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1085

positron

Post by positron » Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 am

Friday started out raining and was a little bummed because it was open track, just get out there and run until you can't stand it. Fortunately the skies cleared and finally got on track around noon. Got a full six sessions in on Friday so maybe 12 would have been a bit much had the weather been better.

Saturday the weather was much better but the day was cut short with only two sessions because of their 6 hour enduro.. I guess the bugs are too bad to run at night there.

Sunday we got our full 4 sessions, would have sucked to have driven that far for only 6 sessions. Had a real long front straight but they don't run any of the banked turns like at Fontana, would have liked to gone around that much bank. Harrop seemed to do some good, top GPS speed was 136mph which is more than Fontana. 5th still a large jump from 4th even with rev limit at 7,400 and would shift before the start/finish so it was in 5th for a while.

Track was fair and has seen better days.