California Coastal Road Trip end of October-early November

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Wmcmanus

Re: California Coastal Road Trip end of October-early November

Post by Wmcmanus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:55 am

[quote="Caroline"]
But I agree with Wayne there has to be a ban on the use of "San Fran", only slightly less of a faux pas than Frisco. It's the ssssssscity.  I'm not sure about the whole Oakland thing either, have you actually been to Oakland?...If it's crack & guns you're after it's great! As they say in these parts the only good thing about Oakland is the view of San Francisco.[/quote]

Eww, forgot about that one: "Frisco" is a really big sign that you're from out of town and need to be beat senselessly.  Isn't Oakland the place that inspired the "There is no there, there" comment?

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:12 am

[quote="CalScot"]
Fiesty's single. He's 6' plus and he's a doctor. Plus he's got and Atom and good looking. [/quote]

Sounds like you want to ride along with Fiesty.  So it's settled then.  Caroline will drive Peter's car, while Peter rides along enjoying the ocean scents of Old Spice with our deshing young doctor, Fiesty!  Is this Fiesty?  (Load the 4th one down on the right): http://www.roadode.com/groom_1.shtml

Here's another one, even better and much more Fiesty-like (there may be a 15 second commercial before the clip, so be patient): http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6467

What am I still doing in this thread?  :doh:
Last edited by Wmcmanus on Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:14 am

[quote="Caroline"]
Well if you put it like that I don't care how big your BHP is  :laugh:
[/quote]

Especially with those "Schweaty balls!"  :laugh:

fiestycolumbian

Post by fiestycolumbian » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:41 am

[quote="dp35"]
[quote="fiestycolumbian"]
Any girl who loves the bay area and is a Lewis fan, has first dibs on my passenger seat. ;D Imagine crusing in the atom chatting about racing in our helmets(with my bluetooth intercon of course!)
[/quote]
But Fiesty - you already have someone that fits this description, and even likes the Lakers flags on your car! 
[/quote]

Hamster is definitely not going to like that cheap shot! :D

[quote="dp35"]
Representing the Bay Area Tifosi is my Scuderia Rosso colored Atom - sorry Hamilton fans, no boy wonder worship here.  And although it can't offer the hp of Calscot or even Fiesty, mine bruises ribs through the corners and removes contact lenses under braking.  It'll be your armpits sweating after this ride.
How did you know I was about to chide in one this topic?  Actually, I do think Lewis has the best job in the world.  All F1 drivers have it made, especially the ones that get to drive for McLaren or Ferrari (Red Bull wouldn't suck either).
[/quote]
I know you dont like LH, but he is a big reason why F1 is ridulously fun to watch. Granted he has one of the best cars.
Based on your comments and your driving skills, in another life you would be in F1.

[quote="CalScot"]
Fiesty's single. He's 6' plus and he's a doctor. Plus he's got and Atom and good looking. I'm a freaking midget. Married with three kids, plus I stink. Who the hell would you go for?

But my BHP is much bigger  :laugh:
[/quote]

What is this a dating service, calscot?  :D :D Not that I have the time for anyone at the moment  :-\.
And yes your "BHP" is bigger, no one can take that away from you. :D

[quote="Caroline"]
I'm just messing with you feisty!  ;D
[/quote]
I know, its just that us US F1 fans are deprived of actually have racing conversations with people, so I jumped at the chance and offered my extra seat to a fellow F1 fan. Dp35 and I get along very well because of this. Can anyone tell I am on an F1 high?!!! ;D
Plus what could be more cool than riding in the atom over the GS bridge, all the while bashing Ferrari and the FIA in our Yellow helmets, ok I do get carried away :D

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
[/quote]
I dont know  :pop:

This thread has gone massively off course, I think :D

OK so what is the actual plan? Oct 30th- Nov. 2?(back in socal)

fiesty

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:56 am

Having anyone to geek out on F1 with would be an improvement. My friends just looked a bit bemused at my outrage over Spa, none of them even know what F1 is let alone watch it.

And I do have the same helmet as Lewis, it's not yellow though so driving around the bay area in an atom talking about F1 sounds fabulous..especially by two 6ft tall Drs  with 1.25 worth of Atoms between us...or maybe be it will be 1.5 by then if I'm feeling optimistic!
Last edited by Caroline on Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:59 am

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
[quote="CalScot"]
Fiesty's single. He's 6' plus and he's a doctor. Plus he's got and Atom and good looking. [/quote]

Sounds like you want to ride along with Fiesty.  So it's settled then.  Caroline will drive Peter's car, while Peter rides along enjoying the ocean scents of Old Spice with our deshing young doctor, Fiesty!  Is this Fiesty?  (Load the 4th one down on the right): http://www.roadode.com/groom_1.shtml

Here's another one, even better and much more Fiesty-like (there may be a 15 second commercial before the clip, so be patient): http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6467

[/quote]

I'm just totally confused after watching that!

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:13 am

[quote="Caroline"]
I'm just totally confused after watching that!
[/quote]

Ehh, don't mind me.  I was just playing off of Fiesty's stated preference for Old Spice.  My dad always wore Old Spice after shave.  That reminded me of their clever jingle for some reason, and I started looking for Old Spice commercials that depicted rugged sailors.  Something got lost in translation.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:17 pm

Well, some bad news...some changes at my company will preclude my being able to do a full trip.  I'll participate as much as I can for a two day weekend, but that's all I will be able to manage.  :'(

(the crowd groans)

macpdx

Post by macpdx » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:52 pm

Reading this post has  been,,,,,,well,,,,interesting. (in a rather perverse way)
Last edited by macpdx on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dial911

Post by dial911 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm off the last week of October and would do at least from SF northward (always wanted to drive the coast Hwy north of SF).

Alec

Post by Alec » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:23 pm

If anyone would like a Brit passenger then I could possibly pop across for this one as I missed out on the West Coast Adventure that I'd initially shown an interest in.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Alec - I'm not sure if I'll be going or not, because of work scheduling.  But I'm sure that if you got yourself over here, there'd be a seat in an Atom for you.

AndyLUFC

Post by AndyLUFC » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:15 am

Count me in, subject to Daddy Day Care requirements and Mrs' days off. Thurs Fri Sat in Oct, Sat Sun Mon in Nov.(Will figure out the extra day if needed).

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:42 am

Andy,
I really don't think there's enough booze between LA and SF to keep us topped up if you can make it ;D

[quote="Alec"]
If anyone would like a Brit passenger then I could possibly pop across for this one as I missed out on the West Coast Adventure that I'd initially shown an interest in.
[/quote]
Alec, you are always welcome in my car and in my home. The only problem might be weather. It could get cancelled if there's a storm or rain. Not to be wimpy, but we just wait a week and it's all gone unlike the UK where you just get on with it or you will do nothing!

PM me and we can talk about about the logistics.

M3ichael

Post by M3ichael » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:50 am

[quote="Alec"]
[/quote]

Alec if your in the area please let me know.