Atomfest - What would YOU have done differently?

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Mark K

Re: Atomfest - What would YOU have done differently?

Post by Mark K » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:09 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Thats why you have atomfest next year in England, and the next in America... and you just keep switching it up  ;D
[/quote]

Hey Darth thats a great idea, count me in!

Atom120

Post by Atom120 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:31 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Thats why you have atomfest next year in England
[/quote]

You're only saying that because you'd have less distance to drive!!  ;)

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:40 pm

Yeah, a Atom Festival in the UK would be schweeet! Let's leave that for another topic though. I'll go start one now....

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:19 am

[quote="Driver"]Can a AtomFest be as successfull as this one if it's held annually? Or would support (and attendance) slack off? Would the UK contingent come again, would Simon shut down the factory and come over on a annual basis? Or is the "magic" of such a event left to occur every few years and leave smaller molecules to occur from time to time?

I've seen these types of events occur with larger clubs and after 2-3 of them one year after another, especially if they are in the same place, participation dwindles.[/quote]

I think it depends on whether there's a continuing growth in Atom ownership. If Brammo continues at last year's pace, there will be another 100 Atoms in owner hands next year.

I go to a BMW gathering every now and then (last time was in 2004). It has continued to grow, and gets > 500 vehicles. [If you've seen the BMW "we didn't mean to start a ..." commercial, the last set of scenes is from that gathering.]

Randy and his staff did a really great job, and I'd hate to have them burn out from doing this too often. Alternating US / UK (and perhaps US / UK / CN once Chinese production gets going) would be interesting. Perhaps we can have MiniFests in the "off" years.

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:15 am

What would I have done differently?

Firstly:
I toyed with the idea of buying a US Atom for the event when Eric put his first car up for sale but didn't pursue it.

I should have, because I had a great time driving the Synergy Honda car and one of Randy's Ecotec ones. Thanks to both of them for giving me the opportunity.  :tu:

Secondly:
A simple way that I've found to learn the lines of a track is to go out for a couple of laps as a passenger where you can concentrate completely on seeing where they are while someone else concentrates on the driving.

I would, therefore, include a session like this at the very beginning.

It worked for me on the Hallett track as I managed to catch and overtake one owner (I can't remember who it was so I can't embarrass them by naming them).

I was, therefore, pleased with my performance after a couple of passenger rides before I drove, especially as it was my first time on a track with any significant elevation or blind crests..
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:16 am

[quote="Alec"]
A simple way that I've found to learn the lines of a track is to go out for a couple of laps as a passenger where you can concentrate completely on seeing where they are while someone else concentrates on the driving.
[/quote]

Did you not come out with me in the caddy? I took at least three people with me whenever I went on track...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:33 am

[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
[quote="Alec"]
[/quote]

Did you not come out with me in the caddy? I took at least three people with me whenever I went on track...

[/quote]

Yes, I went out with you the first time on Thursday morning, followed by laps in the Escalade with Ben.

I meant laps as a passenger in the Atom, knowing it's behaving the way you'll want it to react in the corners when you're driving one, not wallowing and squealing tyres at low speeds.

Not that I'm saying the laps in both caddy's wasn't fun, I wouldn't have missed it for the world.  :tu:
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:51 am

More fat chicks.  :laugh:

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:10 am

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
More fat chicks.  :laugh:
[/quote]
Spazzz Spazzz Spazzz

Cornerworker

Post by Cornerworker » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:44 am

No No not fat..fluffy
I had a student once tell me Im not fat Im fluffy..shade in the summer warmth in the winter..
;)

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:20 pm

She must'av been blond.