John Lloyd

Re: Discounts available to AAOC members at AtomFest

Post by John Lloyd » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:49 pm

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
[quote="Alec"]
[quote="John Lloyd"]
Bruce,

You need to get your hands dirty and go onto the websit and book your RV  ;)
[/quote]

I assume that means we have ours booked now?
[/quote]

Yes, after loads of problems with paypal and then forgetting to request the AAOC discount, because I was so angry with paypal.

I'll bring the chain saw.
[/quote]

Does that mean we've overpaid? :-\
[/quote]

You've not over paid anything, but I have!  The RVs are not discounted, from memory.  Cobra's on the case with regard to the other things I purchased.
Last edited by John Lloyd on Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]

You've not over paid anything, but I have!  The RVs are not discounted, from memory.  Cobra's on the case with regard to the other things I purchased.

[/quote]

Point taken.

I hadn't realised about the RVs not being discounted, as I lost interest in ordering as soon as I realised the only Exclusive Item that had to be ordered quickly was the numbered coin and it didn't cover my VIN number.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:18 pm

[quote="Alec"]
... the only Exclusive Item that had to be ordered quickly was the numbered coin and it didn't cover my VIN number.
[/quote]

If I get enough orders on the coins, I can expand the order and cover more numbers. I had to make a judgement call on how many to obligate myself for before knowing how popular they would be and if I could cover my costs. Don't loose heart on getting a coin with your VIN on it. I will be watching closely and if there is a way to accomplish it, I'll get it for you.

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:45 pm

The Tech Seminars are only mentioned as being included in the Participant Admission so, as we can't bring our Atom's with us from the UK and will only be getting Spectator Admission, can we reserve places on some of these such as Owner Performed Maintenance and Suspension Tuning?

Also, do we have to register for the Off Track Cruises if we will only be passengers, or do we just have to pester someone for a ride when we get there?

Sorry if these questions seem a bit silly but I don't want to miss any of the experience, yet I don't want to confuse things by making a reservation where it may be interpreted that I have an Atom there.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:02 pm

[quote="Alec"]
The Tech Seminars are only mentioned as being included in the Participant Admission so, as we can't bring our Atom's with us from the UK and will only be getting Spectator Admission, can we reserve places on some of these such as Owner Performed Maintenance and Suspension Tuning?

Also, do we have to register for the Off Track Cruises if we will only be passengers, or do we just have to pester someone for a ride when we get there?

Sorry if these questions seem a bit silly but I don't want to miss any of the experience, yet I don't want to confuse things by making a reservation where it may be interpreted that I have an Atom there.
[/quote]

The tech seminars are included in the participant admission to help us assure that we would have enough space. All AAOC members will be welcome in the tech seminars whether they participate by bringing an Atom or spectate. Please do sign up though, so we can guage the size of the audience.

Registering for the cruises is to help us predict the number of cars. Riders need not register.

I appreciate you bringing up these questions. It will help others too, and we need the feedback so we can improve the information aspect of the site.  :tu:
Last edited by 1965Cobra427 on Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:05 pm

I assuming all the merchandise on the site will be available at Atomfest, by then I would have forgotten how much I've already spent and buy everything again.  :D

positron

Post by positron » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:14 pm

[quote="Mark K"]
Anybody else bringing their families?
[/quote]
Yes, the wife is pulling the camper. And some extended family from the DFW area.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:38 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
I assuming all the merchandise on the site will be available at Atomfest, by then I would have forgotten how much I've already spent and buy everything again.  :D
[/quote]

No problem...we'll get more!

Mark K

Post by Mark K » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:41 pm

[quote="Positron"]
[quote="Mark K"]
[/quote]
Yes, the wife is pulling the camper. And some extended family from the DFW area.

[/quote]
Cool!
We're still debating what to do, its a 2000 mile drive one way!  Do I want all those miles on the Atom?  Maybe its time to buy a car trailer?  We'll probably change our minds multiple times in the coming months!

positron

Post by positron » Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:56 pm

[quote="Mark K"]
[quote="Positron"]
[quote="Mark K"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Cool!
We're still debating what to do, its a 2000 mile drive one way!  Do I want all those miles on the Atom?  Maybe its time to buy a car trailer?  We'll probably change our minds multiple times in the coming months!
[/quote]
1,475 to us. Hoping to leave a few days early to do the Grand Canyon thing and a couple things on the way, because it will be Bonzai on the way back.

That's why we bought an enclosed trailer, because I'm too old to drive three days in an open car cross country.

Then if we aren't crazy enough we're planning on running at Houston with NASA the next weekend before returning west.
Last edited by positron on Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:04 pm

The link does not work. ???

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:30 pm

Does for me.  :tu:

KK

Post by KK » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:42 pm

Does NOT work for me as well. Error message attached below:
Attachments
Error message.JPG
Error message.JPG (36.48 KiB) Viewed 492 times

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:48 pm

Just links to this photo:-
Attachments
Laguna%20Seca%207_8Jan07%200039.jpg
Laguna%20Seca%207_8Jan07%200039.jpg (29.94 KiB) Viewed 490 times

positron

Post by positron » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:51 pm

Thanks, nothing too exciting really...