2008 West Coast Adventure June 7th-13th - Pre-Event Discussions

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Driver

Re: Official: WEST COAST ADVENTURE (WCA) Thread

Post by Driver » Thu May 29, 2008 1:31 am

Oops, Waynes rig may be out in the boonies. Calscot if there's any slots can you get another? Already called and left VM on his behalf to see if there's any slots or a waiting list. Good thing he's got a gen on his rig!
Last edited by Driver on Thu May 29, 2008 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Re: 2008 West Coast Adventure

Post by Driver » Thu May 29, 2008 1:40 am

[quote="Positron"]
[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
I'm looking forward to just going with the flow.  ;)
[/quote]

We wouldn't recognize you any other way...  :tu:[/quote]

Even if you're dressed in a Chicken suit...  :pop:

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu May 29, 2008 1:49 am

Just be careful, I plan on hunting for my lunch

wildwhl

Post by wildwhl » Thu May 29, 2008 2:00 am

You guys (and gals) are going to have a really great event. Can't wait to see you at RFR, my so-called home track. Most of you don't know me, but that's alright!

Gold Hill - GREAT little restaurant. I was married there to Mrs. Wheel almost 10 years ago. What a party.

Crappy vid of my 1st RFR experience:

Be carefuly in your molecules....errr...atoms on the way :)

WW

wildwhl

Post by wildwhl » Thu May 29, 2008 2:07 am

BTW -

make sure the travel plans from RFR to VC include a run through 6 mile canyon - just be careful :)

Alternately, I find the *truck route* up the backside entertaining as well...

WW

positron

Post by positron » Thu May 29, 2008 2:43 am

Welcome WW.. Image Everything he drives, he figures out a way to make go faster..

hint.. stay away from Spaz.. he scares us all...
Last edited by positron on Thu May 29, 2008 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

wildwhl

Post by wildwhl » Thu May 29, 2008 3:14 am

Hmmmm...name like Spaz, I'm not surprised....  :o

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu May 29, 2008 3:24 am

Whatever you are thinking.. you're not even close...

Spazism: You woulda thought Spaz was hiding a full rack of baby back ribs in his pants the way all the big girls were all over him at the bar in Oklahoma. Or maybe it's because he's Ewan McGregor's long lost brother...

positron

Post by positron » Thu May 29, 2008 3:39 am

as in, unless you have witnessed the spectacle of the Spazness it is difficult to comprehend... but you too shall...

but then again posted photos of someone's, who shall remain searchless, man marble's is beyond comprehension.. Image

but ah.. we digress down that threadjacked road once again..
Last edited by positron on Thu May 29, 2008 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu May 29, 2008 3:40 am

Sudddenly it all makes sense.  Alec is Ewan McGregor's father!

fishkiller

Post by fishkiller » Thu May 29, 2008 4:42 am

To get us back on track, so to speak, Who is sticking around Friday for a trip around Lake Tahoe?
If the weather is good, I'm up for it.
Anyone else interested??

dp35

Post by dp35 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:45 am

[quote="CalScot"]
For me, I would rather be close to the main group. It will make it easier to leave and return as a group on the two planned excursion meals. Once everybody is back at the Hotel, we can crash somebodys room or you guys can crash the RV and have a few drinks and shoot the breeze or not.  I agree it's a pain to pack up, but I dont want to be at the track all night by myself and miss the party :o[/quote]

I was picturing the party at the track around the motorhomes.  But with that plan us motel dwellers would have to drive "home" late at night, likely after a few pops.  Not ideal.  Whatever happens is fine.  I can't wait.  

Question - sounds like we've got dinner plans all dialed in, but what about lunch?  Will we fend for ourselves, or did I miss something?

I'm 50//50 on the Friday lake drive.  I'd love to do it, but I've got a 3 week old baby at home, and this will be my first outing.  So we'll see. 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu May 29, 2008 5:01 am

I am not sure on lunch. We could get a "lunch Truck" Al la Roach coach to show up, we can order in Pizza or big Subway sany, we can send somebody out to pick up stuff or we can maybe cook some burgers on my BBQ. I just could not deal with another item to organize right now.
Any volunteers to organize 2 lunches is always welcome.

As far as the Friday goes. I scouted Tahoe. I have some ideas. I was going to wait and just do stuff on the fly. We can see how the weather goes, how tired we are and how folks schedules are. I still am looking at taking off from the RV for a few days in the Atom. Friday around Tahoe is an easy way to get started. Very pretty drive around the lake. Also on Saturday, that EuroSunday Event in Downtown Reno might appeal to a few? It could be fun.
I still have a trip up the west coast from Reno area penciled in. I just hope my Atom makes it through the UTCC event on the 8th. I have to remove the engine/tranny and rebuild the tranny one more time between now and next week as the main seal is gone on the transmission. It's gonna be a long week.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu May 29, 2008 5:04 am

Yes, six mile canyon was on the route from Fernley. The road up from 395 is awsome as well but a bit out of the way late at night.

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu May 29, 2008 5:39 am

Just updated the official thread. Read the first page of the thread for specifics. I'll also be moving some of the "generic" discussion from there over here.

Merged the generic stuff here, trying to keep the Official Stuff.. well.. Official so it's easy to find.  ;D
Last edited by Driver on Thu May 29, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.