2009 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour - another 2327 miles on the Atom

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Lane

Re: 2009 Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour - another 2327 miles on the Atom

Post by Lane » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:05 am

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
I was under the impression that the factory switch is inline, and that failure and replacement usually involves leakage and brake line bleeding.  Apparently your failure mode left the brake line intact?  Or do I misunderstand the general problem?  (Making notes for the day I have my own.)
[/quote]

The switch is on/in the banjo bolt which connects the brake line to the master cylinder. 

ImageImage

My switch stopped working, electrically, which did not affect my braking ability - only the brake lights .  Even though it did not crack or come apart, that was a concern in the back of my mind that made me want to remove the switch.  When removing the switch/banjo bolt to replace it, you're disconnecting a line from the master cyl so fluid replacement and bleeding is necessary.

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
I really, really  like your aero-screens/gunsights.  They look fabulously right in the video, and fairly disappear from many angles.

I don't suppose you have any basis to compare your shape with the factory's as far as noise or buffeting reduction?  I know you've said yours are taller.  The arc seems much better aesthetically to me than the factory shape, but we've heard that the factory did extensive experimentation before they would offer them so it makes me wonder if there is some measurable advantage in effectiveness or aerodynamics to their shape.

PS. good job on the interview - I think you're too hard on your speaking skills.
[/quote]

Thanks on both counts.  When casually viewing the car, the gunsights are not something a person notices and I like them that way.  Their shape and curve must blend with the rest of the car well enough - something (IMO) that the more angular and smaller factory-type don't do as well.  I don't doubt that the factory gunsights may be more effective, or at the very least they need to advertise that fact to make you feel better about spending as much $$$ on three dollars worth of plastic.  ;D  I've been very happy with the improvement that mine have demonstrated over the bubbles which I had previously, for improved visibility for me as a 5'8" tall driver, maintained forward face protection, and reduction in wind noise and buffeting.  The comparison to the bubbles is the only one I can make.

LOL - a friend let me know recently of another interview video from the 'Tour on YouTube:

It can be viewed here.  Nothing terribly interesting, but I always hope that I can at least show my enthusiasm for the Atom and how enjoyable it is, no matter what you choose to do with it.
Image 300hp Ecotec Atom that is driven.  Visit my website.