AtomFest - Friday - Day 2

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Cornerworker

Re: AtomFest - Friday - Day 2

Post by Cornerworker » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:30 am

Today was awesome as a corner work..just enough spins to keep it exciting and no one got hurt. Altho some of the sites were a little questionable. Can someone explain this dress code? LOL

ok pics link below not working will have to figure it out

Edit: Fixed the image to where it will work now.

PS: Thats SpaceSpaz (an inside joke to the regulars on the forum)
Attachments
SpaceSpaz.jpg
Last edited by Cornerworker on Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:28 am

That must be after his lunch of baked beans and BBQ ribs,heading into the classroom....

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:03 am

OK... How to put it all into intelligible words. Friday was... well it was.... MIND-BLOWING! Stupendous, thrilling!. All you naysayers (as if there are any) would be wrong to think this was anything short of a GREAT day!. The weather slightly cold in the am and latepm, but in between Purrrfect! :tu:

Today I had my first Atom Drive! Yep! I got to drive an Atom all by me lonesome (well I took a passenger, people need rides, that seats empty, let's go). The very kind, very gracious folks at Synergy let me take their EcoTec AND their Honda for laps around the track. Even after I spun on my 2nd session of the day they let me go back out. I was figuring that was that. Nope, everythings fine go. My session was over so Bruce had a go, and got meat balled for a puff of smoke! Nope, everythings still ok, go back out was the word. We started wondering where they were when we see them pushing it back up the hill. Good thing Bruce is a tall lanky fellow. :) Turns out the car was out of gas and a splash of fuel and he was right back at it. :tu:

Peter (CalScott) was down for most of the morning with some of the Arial & Hallett guys pulling his fuel tank and getting the bend in the tank welded up.  ???  I'm sure there will be more on that later. But at least he was back out in the afternoon and today, Saturday I look forward to seeing his Beast take the track. The "hot shoe" here last night at the Sonic Tulsa Cruise said he thinks there's a sub-19 in Peters Atom on the track with slicks.  TraqMate had their tech Seminar after lunch. And about 4 more sessions were done before the 5pm cutoff time.

At 6pm all the Atoms gathered for the cruise into Tulsa to the local Sonic. Lots of highway and Randy and his film crew were saying they have some great shots. Not bad considering the average Atom driver is NOT used to driving in tight formations! I heard we were pushing 30-strong down the road. Several Atoms were there ahead of everyone and a local film crew caught us coming in. Peter was there, his orange atom was on SLICKS!  :o Brave man. Bruce lapped the parking lot with a Synergy Atom with a HUGE British Union Jack half the Atom's size proudly flapping furiously. :)  John Lloyd rode with me and might have some great shots of the cruise. I know of at least one that's gotta be my new sceen saver at work from now on :) . The cruise back we broke up a little, some got lost, and some, like me in a Synergy vehicle nearly ran out of gas! I was down to 1 bar very intermittently showing as I pulled in to the gates at Hallet. Yikes! And there is like NOTHING for the last 20 or so miles back to Hallett. Nothing.

Shortly after getting back, talking to Spaz and TSB about his Saturday dress rehearsal, we all gathered over at Synergy's raceport and a impromptu congregation of 10-15 people piled into his RV to see the nightly local news. Yep! We made the news, there was Eddie Hill being interviewed, people pulling into the Sonic, hey wait that's John Lloyd and me front and center!  ;D A great plug for the Atom and a mention for people to come out to Hallett to see the cars today (Saturday 5 am as I post this).

There's more that happened but there's my daily synopsys of yesterday as I experienced it.

Picts to come when there's time. I'm still grinning. Wayyy!!! beyond my wildest expectations of this weekend!

jon b

Post by jon b » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:17 am

Sounds a blast - nice one driver  :tu:

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:06 pm

A few picts (great shots) taken by Dingo (Rob Sloman) are up: http://gallery.atomclub.com/index.php?cat=23

They just played the Chicken Song® so I'm going to hit it. Check back later or in the AM. Hopefully Bruce, John Lloyd, Ben Yeats and the Spaz didn't get into thrown into the pokey last night, they left shortly befoe midnight to go to the local Honkey Tonk!

L8r.

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:04 pm

Thanks for the great write-up Driver. Glad you enjoyed your first drive in the Atom  :tu:

Keep them coming and the pics too.

Gage

Post by Gage » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:40 pm

I'm copying 950 pictures to the Atomfest Media Library as I type this.  This is Disney Land for Atom Lovers!

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:48 pm

^!!!!!!!!! Link,please... ;D

Jacob Potts

Post by Jacob Potts » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:40 pm

Great writeup, Driver.  Well done!

Yr fthfl srvnt,

Jacob :-)

Jammer

Re: AtomFest... not to have been missed... pics too

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:40 am

kkk
Attachments
atomfest 0211.jpg
atomfest 0211.jpg (93.54 KiB) Viewed 492 times

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:44 am

jjjj
Attachments
atomfest 0231.jpg
atomfest 0231.jpg (90.2 KiB) Viewed 496 times

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:49 am

pppp
Attachments
102507 059.jpg
102507 059.jpg (51.29 KiB) Viewed 499 times

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:50 am

and the poor handicapped Ferrari at Sonic.... 
Attachments
102507 070.jpg
102507 070.jpg (74.34 KiB) Viewed 498 times

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:50 am