AtomFest overnight lodging - advance planning

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
1965Cobra427

AtomFest overnight lodging - advance planning

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:48 pm

I am presently negotiating with a local RV trailer rental agency for several units to be available for AtomFest. These units are described by the company as "luxury" and each is equipped with a slide out for extra space. They will be placed in the Hallett track infield and some will be located adjacent to "raceports." The raceports can handle 4-6 Atoms for covered overnight parking. The going rate for the RV's looks like about $500 for the event and they are said to sleep between 4-6 people depending on how friendly you are.

I can begin to make detailed plans on quantities by receiving your PM request. Within a couple of weeks I'll be able to take deposits on the upcoming AtomFest website and give you confirmations, etc. Earliest requesters will get the best units, locations, etc. All units will have electrical hookups as Hallett is well equipped for this arrangement.

If you are interested, please PM me with your preference of grouping. If several of you want to bunk together and rent a unit between you, just let me know who will be involved so I don't double book. If you would like to rent one and sublet the bunks, don;t tell me about it. ;)

bolus

Re: AtomFest overnight lodging - advance planning

Post by bolus » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:28 pm

I'm interested.  anyone else want to split the costs of one?

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:43 pm

Ditto, I'm in on this

Driver

Post by Driver » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:32 pm

What about if we are bringing our own? Between my father or brother I plan on drafting one of them in on the weekend. We going to be able to hookup and stay? Specifically we need electrical hookups and water if available. Neither of their fifth wheels has a generator. Is there a fee? If neither can make it maybe I'll finagle my brother into just lending me his rig outright, I'll put up a few people that may need a place to sleep as well. How many RV pads are available at hallett?

I think a fire late in the evening after the events can be one of the most entertaining things that occur over the course of an event like this. Bench racing and just hanging out hearing everyone's stories,  etc.. :)

twebb

Post by twebb » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:52 pm

There are no "pads" so to speak ( no concrete pads specifically for RVs).  That being said there are plenty of locations to park an RV.  On race weekends you might find 50 to 75 RVs at Hallett.

There are electrical hookups.  You can get water at the track, but there is not water at every electrical hookup spot.  HAllett also has showers.

I'll defer to Cobra as to cost.  I think Hallett usually has an overnight/weekend electrical charge.  It is nominal.

On race weekends there is usually a fire and general beer drinking.  It's amazing how much faster we all are after dark.