Atomites: Can You Help Out My Wife's School?

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
Jacob Potts

Atomites: Can You Help Out My Wife's School?

Post by Jacob Potts » Wed May 25, 2011 9:40 pm

Dear Atomites:

My wife works at Innovation Institute in Duncanville, TX (a tad south of Dallas), a school for wheel chair people (Watch the Vidoe!). These students are
  • disabled veterans
    [*]motorcyclists
    [*]anyone who has to use a wheelchair

Innovation Institute teaches people in wheelchairs to work in automotive repair shops. They are trained to inspect and diagnose problems with cars as they come into the shop.

This Saturday, May 28, the Institute is graduating their first class. The graduation starts at 11:00 a.m. and will end before noon.

The way you could help is, if you have an Atom, just drive it to Innovation Institute by 12 noon on Saturday and stick around for a little.  You don't have to attend the graduation! :-)  Just arrive at 12:00 noon,  let the students be photographed with your cars, and just talk shop with fellow car enthusiasts.  And make no doubt about it, these students are car enthusiasts!

An Atom would really lift their spirits as they graduate to care for cars!

Innovation Institute
1219 Crestdell Dr
Duncanville, TX 75137
(972) 709-5391

Can anyone come, please?

Thanks,

Jacob Potts

Jacob Potts

Re: Atomites: Can You Help Out My Wife's School?

Post by Jacob Potts » Fri May 27, 2011 4:39 am

What am I thinking?  I totally forgot to say what my wife does at the Innovation Instittute! Duh!  :doh:

My wife is not in a wheelchair.  She is not a student.  She is the school's secretary.  In this photo, she is standing in the back row, second to the right.

First graduating class of 2011, The Innovation Institute, c and courtesy of Southwest Now! magazine

The Innovation Institute's founder and director, Harrold Andreesen (center, back row),  instructors, support staff, and four of the students are also pictured.

Modified May 26, 2011, to add information
Last edited by Jacob Potts on Fri May 27, 2011 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.