Cal Speedway Track Day, Nov, 20, 21, 22

This is where Ariel.Club events specific to the US/Canada should be posted to
DarthChicken

Re: Cal Speedway Track Day, Nov, 20, 21, 22

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:15 am

[quote="dp35"]

I was at the 24 Hours of LeMons at Thunderhill over the weekend, racing on a team with another Atom owner (who shall remain nameless but abandoned this forum over her love of cleavage).  Had a good time, drove a 5 hour stint, finished 3rd out of 158 crappy cars.  Next is the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in two weeks.  It will be the biggest race I've driven, and I'll be on the Miata team that won its class last year.
[/quote]

I get this image in my head of the Top Gear guys doing their 24 hour race.. 3 guys who can kinda drive, and Darin (ie the Stig) passing everybody on the track 20 times, allowing the team to podium.  :laugh:

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:19 am

Ahhh, sounds like a bad weekend to have gone to work!

Congrats, Hammy, on your first trackday!  Sounds like it was a blast!

a

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:59 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
[quote="dp35"]

I was at the 24 Hours of LeMons at Thunderhill over the weekend, racing on a team with another Atom owner (who shall remain nameless but abandoned this forum over her love of cleavage).  Had a good time, drove a 5 hour stint, finished 3rd out of 158 crappy cars.  Next is the 25 Hours of Thunderhill in two weeks.  It will be the biggest race I've driven, and I'll be on the Miata team that won its class last year.
[/quote]

I get this image in my head of the Top Gear guys doing their 24 hour race.. 3 guys who can kinda drive, and Darin (ie the Stig) passing everybody on the track 20 times, allowing the team to podium.  :laugh:
[/quote]

LOL, ... I can see that too ...

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:45 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
[quote="dp35"]

[/quote]

I get this image in my head of the Top Gear guys doing their 24 hour race.. 3 guys who can kinda drive, and Darin (ie the Stig) passing everybody on the track 20 times, allowing the team to podium.  :laugh:[/quote]

Funny you'd make that comparison, because we were driving a BMW 325 and considered using the "Penniston Oils/Larsen Biscuits" livery.  Had we more time we probably would've.  The other drivers did a fine job of staying out of trouble & keeping the car around 10th place.  I was the only driver on our team to get black flagged, twice for contact resulting from other's incidents.  My stint was last and longest and I took it from 10th place to 3rd at the end.  We deserved 2nd but the team ahead of us was allowed to ignore black flags because they had the best theme & costumes. 

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:59 pm

Absolutely FANTASTIC day - it was great to meet up with friends old and new.
(Especially those who showed up to say Hi, who couldn't drive that day.)

http://www.atomguy.com/091021CaliSpeedw ... ssion4.mp4

Here is a quick track video, made with my Chasecam, and new ChaseCam DataLogger.  Nice and easy to make. (Although my GForce settings were not correctly calibrated.)

Anyone wanting to see Peter's new car will see it around the 3:30 mark.

AndyLUFC

Post by AndyLUFC » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:32 pm

Was a great day - especially the perfect timing in rolling up on the BBQ!! Great to see everyone! I sucked at taking pics on the day, but here's a few that came out OK

Cheers,

Andy

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:47 pm

What Peter? No Orange? :)

Nice! :tu: