Transmission help

bolus

Re: Transmission help

Post by bolus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:56 pm

I got the quote on the Hewland EGT for $23,000 because of the conversion rate.  That's a little to much at this point

positron

Post by positron » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:06 pm

Does it make cool M22 rock crusher whirry sounds?

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:27 pm

OK you caught me. the only reason I want one is to make my car sound like this

positron

Post by positron » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:40 pm

Works for me.. If ours shifted like that it'd be worth it. 

silver

Post by silver » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:43 pm

[quote="bolus"]
haha, that's pretty good.  I should really skip spending the $20 grand on a transmission and get a Nemesis.  Though I know if I got one and put a 650hp turbo built hayabusa in it I wouldn't be able to post about it here :(
[/quote]

only if you use matco tools ;)

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:03 pm

I removed my seat with a Harbor Freight piece of crap wratcheting wrench dealy that costs like $5 dolla  Worked el perfecto!

Fran Hall

Post by Fran Hall » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:26 pm

Bolus,

I reckon if YOU bought a Nemesis they would let you chat about it... ;D...its just me that cant... :-*

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:57 pm

If it was up to me I'd let anyone post anything here since this place is not an official website of Ariel Motor Company.  And if Ariel has competition that forces them to be even better, I think that is a good thing.    But I didn't make the rules.  But there is a a very good reason you dont see Gage posting here with his cool looking new ride.... Or that the guys in Canada with brand new Atoms rage quit the forum after there first thread. 

::)

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:04 am

by the way Fran, did you see my post on the GT40 forum about fitting in an H2busa and car transmission in the Nemesis?

Fran Hall

Post by Fran Hall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:33 am

Sorry No....been playing catch up since returning from vacation.....you buy the drivetrain and I will install it in the chassis...for that kind of kudos...a new rear cradle would be no biggie

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:43 am

cool, My Atom is up for sale (kinda) and if I end up selling you'll be the first guy I call

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:25 am

Bolus,you may remove your seats once,twice with those harbor freight tools,but 35 years from now they will not be in your tool box. ;D

Fran Hall

Post by Fran Hall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:12 am

How the hell is he supposed to get the seats in his tool box in the first place??? :angel:

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:18 am

[quote="Fran Hall"]
How the hell is he supposed to get the seats in his tool box in the first place??? :angel:
[/quote]
By removing the shitty good for nothing Harbor Freight tools first thereby making room to put the seats in. I thought we Brits had some common sense  ::)

Fran Hall

Post by Fran Hall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:20 am

But if it were not for the Harbor frieght tools he would not have been able to take the seats out in the first place...and the tools would already have been removed from his toolbox....thats just good ole' English common sense surely.. :doh:..who in their right mind would leave seats in a toolbox for 35 years ...now come on !!!....
Last edited by Fran Hall on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.