Transmission help

Fran Hall

Re: Transmission help

Post by Fran Hall » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:22 pm

Problem being that as the "N" a new car the only person able to answer the questions is me....catch 22 I suppose...I dont actually start the discussions about the products but I will answer questions...does that constitute hawking my wares?

Gabe is busy with his new toy...he took delivery on Wed. but I cant say what it is as my company built it...... ;)
Last edited by Fran Hall on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:45 pm

I hear you. I also understand you were only responding to questions posed. :)

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:07 am

Frankly, this is what is wrong with this website.  This isnt an independent owners club, this is Ariel's site:

"Promoting or assisting in the production of any car that is considered in the eyes of the Ariel Motor Company to be a design copy of the Ariel Atom, could potentially involve the Ariel Atom Ownerâ??s [sic] Club in a legal dispute"

I would be totally in support of this rule if Ariel actually contributed here, paid the hosting bills, answered questions, helped with potential owner's sales. 

But they dont.... all the content on this site is from us (and a ton of it by me frankly)

Fran Hall

Post by Fran Hall » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:22 am

Sorry Bolus...didn't mean to p*ss you off....

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 am

you didn't piss me off.  I'm still pissed off from like a year ago I posted a copy of the owners manual (which was available on the company's frickin website because that's where I got it) because it had information on how to start the car.  and telling people how to start the car here will get your post deleted instantly.  ::)

Im cranky today anyway so I think I'll give myself a 24 hour ban before I start deleting my posts  >:(

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:11 am

[quote="bolus"]
Frankly, this is what is wrong with this website.  This isnt an independent owners club, this is Ariel's site:

"Promoting or assisting in the production of any car that is considered in the eyes of the Ariel Motor Company to be a design copy of the Ariel Atom, could potentially involve the Ariel Atom Ownerâ??s [sic] Club in a legal dispute"

I would be totally in support of this rule if Ariel actually contributed here, paid the hosting bills, answered questions, helped with potential owner's sales. 

But they dont.... all the content on this site is from us (and a ton of it by me frankly)

[/quote]

But they are very helpful to owner's in general.  Even owners like me who don't use them for maintenance just for the odd part, this is why they have some sway around these parts.

Fran, I really don't think there is a problem with you answering questions about your cars, we are all car people here and there is a difference in me asking 'how much is that Ultima a like car you do' and you starting a thread called 'Fran's cars on $$$' I don't think I am the only moderator to see it like this

Ben

Fran Hall

Post by Fran Hall » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:21 am

Whats an "Ultima"..... ???

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 pm

[quote="Fran Hall"]
I dont think so...
I have been asked questions about the "N" car and answered them but it has been made abundantly clear that the "N" is not really welcome ...even in a thread that is titled "Atom competitor"...
but thats life I suppose...
Maybe I should just call it an XBOW-WOW and have a thread thats 87 pages long on an AAOC forum...  :o

Not trying to start a flame war just wondering where the line is drawn...
[/quote]

[quote="Fran Hall"]
Problem being that as the "N" a new car the only person able to answer the questions is me....catch 22 I suppose...I dont actually start the discussions about the products but I will answer questions...does that constitute hawking my wares?
[/quote]

[quote="Driver"]
I hear you. I also understand you were only responding to questions posed. :)
[/quote]

To be fair to the moderator, the warning was posted after replies 772 and 776 in Another would be Atom Competitor?, both of which were unsolicited progress updates, over 2 and 3 weeks respectively after the last question was asked.
Last edited by WorkingOnIt on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:15 pm

[quote="Fran Hall"]
Whats an "Ultima"..... ???
[/quote]

really ?

Gage

Post by Gage » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:12 pm

[quote="Driver"]
In fact I want to hear more about what Gage is currently messing with and what he thinks of it. He's been quiet of late.
[/quote]

Thanks Driver.   

Bolus, I will probably be asking you for more of your suggestions and advice in regard to this and other topics (in the appropriate place ;)).  I like your approach to most things.  And no, I'm not installing the shifter on the passenger seat.   Grin
Attachments
IMG_9956b.jpg
IMG_9956b.jpg (67.79 KiB) Viewed 246 times
Last edited by Gage on Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bolus

Post by bolus » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:54 pm

only 2 hours left on that quaife auction.  I really wish I could use it since I know I wouldnt find another sequential transmission for that much  :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Quaife-3 ... 868wt_1165