anyone have close-ups of the upgraded brammo intercooler

silver

Re: anyone have close-ups of the upgraded brammo intercooler

Post by silver » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:13 pm

I already bought the same one positron and Darth have....we'll see if it's actually in stock as it seems pretty much no one carries it anymore but I did find one website that showed it available.

dial911

Post by dial911 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:17 pm

Darth, have you noticed any increase in your water temp after installing the aftercooler? I'd be concerned that it'd decrease the cooling efficiency of the radiator too much.

Tom Smurz fabricated a new hoop intercooler for me that replaces the air intake and moved the air intake to the side (same set up that Norm or 160 mi north or whatever his name is has)

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:51 pm

[quote="dial911"]
Tom Smurz fabricated a new hoop intercooler for me that replaces the air intake and moved the air intake to the side (same set up that Norm or 160 mi north or whatever his name is has)
[/quote]

It's Norm again, Matt.  If you don't mind me asking, what else did Tom do for you?

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:19 am

I've noticed no increase in water temps.  Only a major decrease in IAT2 temps  :tu:

(I rarely see over 100 degrees IAT2)

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:11 am

I was at the Dyno on Thursday. It was gagging hot here. I was getting 117* IAT temps but still pulling 445WHP.
I am planning on adding a side mounted air to air to put in line with the single hoop one I have now.

McFred

Post by McFred » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:04 am

[quote="CalScot"]
I was at the Dyno on Thursday. It was gagging hot here. I was getting 117* IAT temps but still pulling 445WHP.
I am planning on adding a side mounted air to air to put in line with the single hoop one I have now.
[/quote]

Is this still the plan, or would an air/water configuration be a viable alternative?  Does increasing the volume of the intake tract between the throttle and cylinder mess with throttle response?