aeroforce gauge question

silver

aeroforce gauge question

Post by silver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:19 am

anyone else out there have an aeroforce gauge, I've just installed one for testing purposes, and first thing I noticed is that the throttle only goes to 87%.

does that match the findings of everyone else?

bolus

Re: aeroforce gauge question

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:22 am

yep, nothing to see here, move along move along

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:39 am

that is what the datalogger shows in hptuners as well.. 88%.  Its just the way it is.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:48 am

got it.....found similar info on the cobalt forum.

now for my 165 degree IAT2s....hmm that's not normal lol

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:55 am

[quote="silver"]
got it.....found similar info on the cobalt forum.

now for my 165 degree IAT2s....hmm that's not normal lol
[/quote]

that's good for some medium steak.  not quite enough for chicken though

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:00 am

lol.............so I did a 15 minute drive today with the gauge trying to tune my water injection........hoping to see dramatic results by changing when the WI turned on and when it hit max pressure......no dice.

Driving the first 100 feet it stayed at about 102 degrees.......as soon as I got into second and 20 mph it got up to 120 degrees......as I accelerated to 50mph hard acceleration it got to 130 degrees and then went down under accel...and back up and all over the place

on the highway I mostly cruised in 4th and 5th and it usually stayed around 135 but as soon as I accelerated even moderately it jumped up over 140 and after a few runs over 150....and never really went back down............

I turned around and headed back just cruising in 5th......got back to my neighborhood in 3rd at 30mph and it got up to 160 then 165 then I think 167 it topped out at at idle in my garage.

The whole drive I was cycling the WI on , then off, then on at a lower range, then on at a higher range.........I got nothing significant for IAT2 reduction.........so per Positron and Darth's recommendations, it's time to test out the intercooler pump to make sure it's working....and to make sure there's no air in the system.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:22 am

[quote="silver"]
lol.............so I did a 15 minute drive today with the gauge trying to tune my water injection........hoping to see dramatic results by changing when the WI turned on and when it hit max pressure......no dice.

Driving the first 100 feet it stayed at about 102 degrees.......as soon as I got into second and 20 mph it got up to 120 degrees......as I accelerated to 50mph hard acceleration it got to 130 degrees and then went down under accel...and back up and all over the place

on the highway I mostly cruised in 4th and 5th and it usually stayed around 135 but as soon as I accelerated even moderately it jumped up over 140 and after a few runs over 150....and never really went back down............

I turned around and headed back just cruising in 5th......got back to my neighborhood in 3rd at 30mph and it got up to 160 then 165 then I think 167 it topped out at at idle in my garage.

The whole drive I was cycling the WI on , then off, then on at a lower range, then on at a higher range.........I got nothing significant for IAT2 reduction.........so per Positron and Darth's recommendations, it's time to test out the intercooler pump to make sure it's working....and to make sure there's no air in the system.
[/quote]
silver, I think the best solution to the very high intake temps is to go turbo with the hoop mounted air to air intercooler.
I'm looking into turbo charging my Atom. 100 more hp definitely sounds appealing.
I've been told that the hardest part of the whole turbo switchover is getting the engine tuned properly.
Well I found a very good tuner, so hopefully that's half the battle.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:25 am

Sure gimmie the money and ill switch to turbo right now....ill be lucky if I can afford atom fest right now dude....turbo is far from my budget

McFred

Post by McFred » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:55 am

I'm sorry to hear about all the weird behaviours on the air/water cooler.  I hope you sort it out.  If those degree measurements are in celcius then that's awefully hot.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:31 pm

nah Fahrenheit....... but the big point is that our computer pulls timing when the IAT2's go over 125 degrees or so, so unless we can keep it under control we are experiencing the heatsoak.

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:58 pm

[quote="silver"]

[/quote]

that sounds way wrong with WI.  where are you injecting the water?

silver

Post by silver » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:19 pm

same as everyone else.....just before the throttle body/