Terry Kennedy

Re: Dyno results for my 205HP Ecotec

Post by Terry Kennedy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:03 pm

[quote="Spanky"]
I found the clips;

Part: ACDelco seal serv kit #217-1612
        GM # 12590644
[/quote]

Let us know when you get them if those are really the injector mounting clips. Any vendor I find that has a description for it says it is an O ring - for example, RockAuto and OE Parts HQ.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:38 pm

I had waited until I got the kit in hand and checked the contents before making the earlier post about the part numbers.

Contents: 4 correct clips for LSJ's bigger fuel rail/injectors
              4 top end of injector O-rings
              4 nozzle end of injector O-rings
              2 fuel line O-rings

The differant O-rings are packaged in seperate clear envelopes. The clips are also packaged in their own clear envelope with a GM/PN label on them. It is identified as:    GM/PN 12569089 injector clip spring 2307-02          
Last edited by Radowick on Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:40 pm

[quote="Spanky"]
I waited until I had the kit in hand before posting those part numbers. [/quote]

Great, thanks!

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:57 pm

Today, I installed the replacement clip on my fuel injector...........but (there is always a "but") when I went to slide the 4 nozzles into head bushings, one of the fuel injector's (2nd from the right side) electrical connection hits the top of the supercharger housing. I went ahead and snugged up the 2 fuel rail mounting screws to see if the clash got worse or better. It looked like it got pushed up even tighter.  I pulled it back out and looked closely at the connection and it has been rubbed on for a while because some of the plastic is gone. And yes, I have it oriented correctly. I triple checked it.
  So why when Brammo decided the fix for the 300 was to "upgrade" it to a 245, why didn't the just use the Cobalt injectors (42 pounders)? What was to be gained by using these special 45 pounders? Especially since they don't fit (on my car at least).
  I am not liking this rubbing situation. If I just bite the bullet and open my wallet and buy a set of the Cobalt spec stage 2 42 lbs. injectors, it will require a harness for it with a differant electrical connection for each injector. But will the connection on the other end interface properly with the Atom? 

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:28 am

loosen fuel rail, spin injector, retighten.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:20 am

The other note worthy comment is that your duel injectors need to match your tune

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:40 am

The MAF sensor looks like it can be put in backwards if someone is not careful. And the photo I took of my MAF sensor before dis-assembly shows me the air flow passes by the sensor from the brown wire side to the yellow wire side. Is that correct?

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:46 am

if you put it in backwards, the car won't start.. or rather, will start, but won't keep running.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:07 am

Thanks. That is a straight forward way to verify.

silver

Post by silver » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:09 am

I do recall the yelllow one being on the driver's side, therefore the air passes over the yellow one last (or close to last)

good luck

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:20 am

[quote="silver"]
I do recall the yelllow one being on the driver's side, therefore the air passes over the yellow one last (or close to last)

good luck
[/quote]

That agrees with mine.

Oil cooler is moved after making a new length oil line. New straight shot side air intake is installed except for install of MAF. Next is fuel pump gasket replacement.

silver

Post by silver » Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:31 am

then come's removal of engine, replaced by v8 hartley motor, then adding on sidewinder missles and jetpack ejection seats....... >:D

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:25 pm

I found this today:  http://www.autoblog.com/2009/11/04/gm-r ... ac-g5-mod/

Anybody know if our pumps are subject to the same problem?

silver

Post by silver » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:30 pm

:doh:
Last edited by silver on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:17 pm

[quote="silver"]
I bet it's that corregated clear plastic tube, that thing looked very prone to cracking
[/quote]

Nope. It is the supply and return fittings on the "lid". This eBay seller has been selling the recall kits for a year or so - apparently the Aveo was previously recalled for this.

I think one Atom owner had the fitting snap when removing the fuel line, though I don't know if that was due to this defect, too much force when removing it, or installation damage at Brammo.

The interesting thing is that Volvo just had a recall for the same problem, with a similar list of "hot weather" states affected.

NHTSA has the supporting documents for both of these recalls. I submitted a request to have them compare the two and see if a common vendor was involved, as this may affect many other brands/models.