Dyno results for my 205HP Ecotec

Terry Kennedy

Re: Dyno results for my 205HP Ecotec

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:38 am

[quote="Positron"]
So wait.. which ones (flow rate) came with the 300 package and which came with "upgrade" they wanted us to pay for just before they went teats up?
[/quote]

original 300 - blue o-rings, 42#
300 "upgrade" - green o-rings, 45#

I think. That's unless I got the parts in the boxes swapped. There should be a visible difference without needing to pull anything, though.

"pay for"? I wasn't asked to pay anything (nor would I, since they were effectively downgrading the cars to their 260HP or so stage 2 spec, even though we paid a lot more for "300".

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:54 am

[quote="Positron"]
I did a google on 108357 DEKA and I get this in the yield but it doesn't link correctly. Siemens 7051F01700 (108357) 42lb EV6[/quote]

That won't come up because it is an expired "for sale" listing of used parts. Before relying on anything in the text excerpt Google shows, you should know that the first "part number" there is the lot/serial code and will be different on each injector. So treat anything else there with skepticism.

[quote="Nicholas"]
[quote="Spanky"]
So once I find some new fuel rail - injector retaining clips (very very hard to find by themselves)
[/quote]

When I do a search on GM Parts sites, I get a result for "Injector Seal Kit" for ~$25.
Sounds like a good place to start.
[/quote]

I think that's o-rings and not the retaining clips. Unfortunately, GM doesn't seem to have a nice illustrated parts catalog available to the general public, as is done for BMW (but not by BMW). Obviously, this is just an illustrative example and those part numbers / pricing are in no way relevant to an Atom.

If you believe that a new injector comes with a replacement clip, try the 12593904 injector which is the stock LSJ one - it's $66.56 at gmpartsdirect.com, vs. $130.12 for the 12599778 Stage 2 one.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:05 pm

I am very fortunate to have the GM Performance Parts warehouse just 3 miles up the road from me (and they are open on Sat.). They have the injector seal kit but they can't sell it unless I buy the injectors kit also. It is the same thing at the dealership parts dept. BTW, the new Cobalts & HHRs have direct injection.....no clips like ours.

If I can find one of those parts sites that will sell the seal kit buy itself, I will be set.

Based on a few other messages, and my car, Terry has the photos & parts correct.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 pm

Time to head to the junkyard

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:42 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Time to head to the junkyard
[/quote]

I've been to 6 so far. No Saturn Redlines or Cobalt SSs.

Even on national web search for parts, no luck. They don't pull off the fuel rail from the engine. They pull the entire engine and sell it complete.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:45 pm

I've been tracking down where the Siemens DEKA injector product line is being manufactured today. It has had a series of changes which can be simplified to Siemens -> Siemens VDO -> Continental

It is now at Continental:

Continental Corp.
615 Bland Blvd
Newport News, VA, 23602-4309
Phone: 757-875-7000
Toll Free: 800-423-9880
Fax: 757-874-3036

There's a PDF here which is mostly about their quality process, but if you search it for DEKA you'll find some interesting info.

The Synerject web site has some more info on the DEKA injectors. They are responsible for all non-automotive DEKA products and are located close to Continental:

Synerject LLC
201 Enterprise Drive
Newport News, Virginia, USA 23603
Phone: 757-890-4900
Fax: 757-890-4933

Note: If anybody is going to contact them for info, we should coordinate it in the forum first, so they only have one person to deal with.

positron

Post by positron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:49 pm

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
[quote="Positron"]
So wait.. which ones (flow rate) came with the 300 package and which came with "upgrade" they wanted us to pay for just before they went teats up?
[/quote]

original 300 - blue o-rings, 42#
300 "upgrade" - green o-rings, 45#

I think. That's unless I got the parts in the boxes swapped. There should be a visible difference without needing to pull anything, though.

"pay for"? I wasn't asked to pay anything (nor would I, since they were effectively downgrading the cars to their 260HP or so stage 2 spec, even though we paid a lot more for "300".
[/quote]

I got it baskawards.. after completing my sleep cycle I remember that I thought it was odd that they would put a smidge bigger injector with a larger pulley.. the two tunes were virtually identical..

You may have gotten the free one the rest of us were expected to pay for the "fix." I chose not to and have been running fine since..

silver

Post by silver » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:51 pm

I did look on my injectors (original ones) no clips to speak of so I must have reused them in the upgrade procedure I guess?

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 pm

I still have my installation injector story here:
http://forum.atomclub.com/https://atomc ... ic.php?t=0

I distinctly remember the clips - as I had to go back and install them AFTER doing everything else.

:doh:

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:17 pm

I had the dealership parts man show me the contents of a regular Cobalt Ecotec injector seal kit (because they don't stock the SS kit). Out the box came o-rings, the big plastic bushings that goes into the head, and 4 retainer clips (of a differant type). But he told me that this doesn't mean the SS seal kit will have clips. Their kits are not consistant with what they contain. So it is buyer (me) beware.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Maybe we're going about this the wrong way.  Maybe you need to be trying to find an injector with about the same shape, and seeing what cars that injector is used on.  Maybe GM is the wrong place to be looking, maybe a honda dealership or ford, or something like that. 

This can't be that hard, I gotta believe clips get bent or broken or lost sometimes.  ???

(don't take this wrong spanky.. when I say "it can't be that hard", its not directed at you personally, its a general statement)

silver

Post by silver » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:16 pm

this just screams motor swap...then you don't need to worry about it  :o

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:11 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Maybe we're going about this the wrong way.  Maybe you need to be trying to find an injector with about the same shape, and seeing what cars that injector is used on.  Maybe GM is the wrong place to be looking, maybe a honda dealership or ford, or something like that. 

This can't be that hard, I gotta believe clips get bent or broken or lost sometimes.  ???

(don't take this wrong spanky.. when I say "it can't be that hard", its not directed at you personally, its a general statement)
[/quote]

I would not have ever thought this 15 cent part would be so hard to source. And of course, when I do locate a supplier of it, it will seem so obvious to have gone there first.

The guy I have found to be very knowledgable on previous problems at the NAPA store said, he thinks the 108357 injectors might have been for a pick-up truck (Ford maybe?) originally.
Last edited by Radowick on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:00 pm

I sent an email to zzperformance.com and they said that they have these parts, and will sell them to me.

Shipping & handling make this expensive (like you say, it's a 15c part).
But they have it, and will sell it.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:50 pm

I found the clips;

Part: ACDelco seal serv kit #217-1612
        GM # 12590644

Source: Saturn dealer

The Saturn parts counter will sell this kit by itself, not requiring the purchase of injectors also, like Chevy does.