Dyno results for my 205HP Ecotec

silver

Re: Dyno results for my 205HP Ecotec

Post by silver » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:26 pm

what color did you get?  I've seen one person that pulled the grill off and color matched it, it made the grill disappear and hugely improved the looks in my opinion.

I like the inside of the car a lot and obviously like what Acura has to offer....I'm on my last payment on my TL, not in a rush to get into another car payment so soon though :)

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:47 pm

[quote="silver"]
what color did you get?  I've seen one person that pulled the grill off and color matched it, it made the grill disappear and hugely improved the looks in my opinion.

I like the inside of the car a lot and obviously like what Acura has to offer....I'm on my last payment on my TL, not in a rush to get into another car payment so soon though :)
[/quote]

I got the metallic silver. That is the same color that Acura has been using for most of their ads for the car. I guess they agree that is the best color for the car.The silver grill blends well with the silver paint. Black paint doesn't work.  There are aftermarket grills available. Mostly the wire mesh type. But some customers have had a few gripes that they don't fit real well.

Back end just looks so differant. One of the same reasons I got the Atom, it is so differant.

See video:    http://www.acura.com/ModelLanding.aspx?model=TL
Last edited by Radowick on Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:52 pm

yeah the grill does blend the best with that color................my TL is the only daily driver I've ever really really liked.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:50 pm

Look at the injector:  edited
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/produc ... cts_id/448

This is the same "long style" injector that Brammo put in my 300 as the "upgrade". I can't tell what part # or brand that mine are yet.  I wonder if Brammo installed a wrong set of injectors in my car. It might explain why car is cooking mufflers. Can anyone tell me what your "upgrade" injector brand & number is?

I read thru some other subjects already posted way back in 2007 when this "upgrade" task started and all I can find is that the new injectors are suppose to be 45 lb/hr.

I got the part number off my injector today. It is 108357 DEKA. Does this match what others have?
Last edited by Radowick on Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

McFred

Post by McFred » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:49 am

At atomfest 1 and 2 it seemed like all of the ecotecs had hot, blue/purple looking exhausts.  Even Eddie's new open header turned bright blue.  So I don't know if that would be an indication of a "wrong" injector being installed, given that there are multiple examples of the cooked muffler.  Good luck with the modifications and keep us posted.  :)

positron

Post by positron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:45 am

If memory serves we started out with the 45#'s and the "upgrade" yielded the 42#'s. The upgrade basically got us closer to Cobalt territory.

Do they look like these?
Link

I did a google on 108357 DEKA and I get this in the yield but it doesn't link correctly. Siemens 7051F01700 (108357) 42lb EV6

Blue pipe has little to do with the injectors by themselves, poor tune is a contributor. Pretty much any shiny exhaust will turn blue due to heat. The stock tune and "upgrade" run too rich and short of timing which tends to burn too much fuel too late in the cycle ie down the pipe.

Our muffler in comparison to a normal car is too close to the action, take a look at any cat close to the manifold. There is alot of fire that close to the spark plug.

I'm hopeful Shinoo's tuning efforts will yield positive results for us.
Last edited by positron on Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:00 am

Why would Shino's yield anything different that what you, Eddie, or myself have done?

BTW.. here is my muffler (and cat, which burned out after about 3 laps at Hallet with the original tune)  after three track days and a couple thousand miles.  I have not polished my muffler, or done anything special with it other than soap and water.  No doubt a bunch of the saving is from having a turbo on the car, but still.....

[img width=800 height=450]http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh12 ... C01055.jpg[/img]

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:11 am

[quote="Positron"]
Do they look like these?
Link
[/quote]

No, those are much fatter than mine. I will send you a photo of mine.

[quote="Positron"]
I did a google on 108357 DEKA and I get this in the yield but it doesn't link correctly. Siemens 7051F01700 (108357) 42lb EV6
[/quote]

I did the same search and got one hit. But it appeared to be a old ad for a soon to be discontinued injector #. Which would explain why I can't find it.

Just to be clear, my exhaust did not turn blue. It broke free the inside baffles in just the 3 sessions we ran together at ECR. It rattled like a baby's toy. It broke down faster than the Brammo muffler. I knew it was running a little hot, but not that hot! And we did not push it. I just hope it didn't damage anything else like cooking the top of my pistons. 

So once I find some new fuel rail - injector retaining clips (very very hard to find by themselves)
install fixed muffler
install re-flashed ECU 
install new intake
fix brake light
then I can finally get it properly dyno, tuned/tweaked.               

positron

Post by positron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:22 am

Yep our car is hard on exhausts.. Mine is a 3" straight through and I'm having a hard time keeping the stuffing in. I don't remember what size pipe you have but if your going to spring for an exhaust I believe to timely to got to at least 3" tubing throughout. We're pushing a good bit of wind.

new intake?.. spill...

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:34 am

[quote="Positron"]
new intake?.. spill...
[/quote]

I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, so let me just say this for now,  "I'm hopeful Shinoo's tuning efforts will yield positive results for us".

positron

Post by positron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:43 am

Go Shinoo!!

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:54 am

[quote="Spanky"]
So once I find some new fuel rail - injector retaining clips (very very hard to find by themselves)
[/quote]

When I do a search on GM Parts sites, I get a result for "Injector Seal Kit" for ~$25.
Sounds like a good place to start.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:12 am

[quote="Positron"]
If memory serves we started out with the 45#'s and the "upgrade" yielded the 42#'s. The upgrade basically got us closer to Cobalt territory.

Do they look like these?
Link[/quote]

I have every part that ever came off my Atom (and some from other people's Atoms too).

The two injectors are:

Original:
Siemens/DEKA 12599778 42#
angled 4-hole
black lower o-ring / blue fuel rail o-ring
These are the normal LSJ Stage 2 injectors

DEKA 108357 45#
flat 2-hole
green lower o-ring / black fuel rail o-ring
These are the "300 HP upgrade" injectors

positron

Post by positron » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:20 am

So wait.. which ones (flow rate) came with the 300 package and which came with "upgrade" they wanted us to pay for just before they went teats up?