Intercooler manifold upgrade project

bolus

Intercooler manifold upgrade project

Post by bolus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:47 pm

There are some guys over on the cobalt forum working to have someone build and design an upgraded intake manifold for the LSJ that would be high flowing and potentially offer better cooling the supercharger.

Vulcan turbo is going to be buidling a prototype and I'm donating a used intake manifold to the project since it is just a paperweight at this point.  http://www.vulcanturbo.com/  If I remember correctly, these guys made Darth's exhaust manifold for his turbo. 

I spoke with then this morning and they would be happy to use this project to help assist atom owners in improving cooling for the supercharger. 

Since this project is just started I'd thought I'd let you guys throw out ideas on what you would want in a new intake manifold or supercharger cooling and we can give them feedback as they make the prototype. 

Driver

Re: Intercooler manifold upgrade project

Post by Driver » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:18 pm

And hopefully make sure it would even work in the Atom as clearance issues might be an issue. Isn't the space (packaging) pretty tight in there?

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:45 pm

yep, they know about that and may be able to make it shorter to fit the harrop without needing to modify the supercharger

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:01 am

[quote="bolus"]
yep, they know about that and may be able to make it shorter to fit the harrop without needing to modify the supercharger
[/quote]
:tu: :tu: :tu:

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:48 am

Yup, vulcan turbo is the guys that make my exhaust manifold.  Guys do good work  :tu: