new little project

silver

new little project

Post by silver » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:24 am

So over the last few weeks or so I decided to fix up the accessories that I've added to the atom by giving them their own switches.  The main reason is because the way my water injection system works, it recieves an initial signal from the MAF when the ignition is turned on (without starting the car) which causes water to be sprayed in the intake with nowhere to go....easy solution was to put a switch on it so that it can be turned on after the engine is started that way there's no chance for the pump to spray water unless the car's running...........but I didn't stop there, I added 5 switches so that I can independently control my accessories.  I took a piece of sheet metal from the lowes depot and bent it into shape and mounted it onto the underside of the ebrake bracket.  I mounted the LED light for the water injection on the left side so that I can clearly see when the water injection is actually in use and when it's dormant.

here's a pic

bolus

Re: new little project

Post by bolus » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:45 am

Finally someone else realizes the awesomeness of a bunch of switches 

silver

Post by silver » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:48 am

you were my inspiration!!!

I did go for these particular switches for 2 reasons, they were the cheapest, and they match the ignition and turn signal switches exactly.

The entire project cost
$6 for the sheet metal which was enough to make 3 of the mounting plates.
$2 bux X 5 switches so $10
$3 bux in wiring
$5 bux in connectors and spray paint.

price from Brammo
$895.00 ;)

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:48 am

I plan on doing something very similar when my car gets back from winter vacation.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:22 am

Swiss Alps? ;)

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:29 am

Southern Oregon, ... of all weird vacation hotspots  ???  Turns out a former Brammo employee is running a spa and relaxation center for them.
Last edited by NormLarson on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.