Oil filter relocator?

Terry Kennedy

Re: Oil filter relocator?

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:14 am

[quote="bolus"]
As suspected it wont fit.  No threads to attach to anything.  Move along, nothing to see
[/quote]

If you really want to do this, try asking Canton Racing Products if any of their parts would fit. If not, they offer custom fabrication services.

But before you go that route, make sure your hoses will clear all of the engine parts as well as the shifter linkages.

As I mentioned before, the only custom part on the Brammo system was the billet adapter that replaces the block-mounted oil cooler. That means you need a remote oil cooler as well as the oil filter, but that isn't such a bad thing. You might want to contact TMI to see if they have any of those brackets (Brammo part number AA-PT-120) for sale. Either re-use the O rings off the stock cooler or purchase new ones from GM.

The other trick with the Brammo kit is that you need a spring to replace the oil filter in the filter housing. That is Brammo part AA-PP-270.

With those two Brammo parts, you have an intake and outlet line on the engine for whatever you want to do and you can purchase stock parts for the rest.

Brammo told me that they did a lot of testing of different remote systems and this is the one that worked. They did blow up at least one engine (I won't mention which car, as neither the original owner nor the current owner of that car are on this forum).

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:20 am

Thanks, but I dont think I'll pursue it further.  I was just bored and thought it was cool that there might be a $20 part i could just screw on. 

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:22 am

[quote="unknown"]
There's will.They don't do rinky-dink. Besides,it's from Summit;they are the BEST company I have ever dealt with for problems.Returns,no fits..whatever,they WILL make it right.
[/quote]

Agreed - Summit is good. But I think there's an error in their application chart, where they say it fits the LSJ. The description for the HAM-3322 says it is a "Spin-on bypass adapter", but the LSJ doesn't use a spin-on filter. That is confirmed by Hamburger's web site.

Lane

Post by Lane » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:53 am

[quote="unknown"]
There's will.They don't do rinky-dink. Besides,it's from Summit;they are the BEST company I have ever dealt with for problems.Returns,no fits..whatever,they WILL make it right.
[/quote]

I've also had outstanding service from Summit over the years.  I've returned items months after they've been sitting around without a problem.  Definitely worth trying, as you'd only be out a few bucks for shipping if it has to go back.
Image 300hp Ecotec Atom that is driven.  Visit my website.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:17 pm

If the error is Summits,you don't even loose one penny,as they will pay shipping both ways.Great company.Reminds me,I have a $50 off coupon due to expire...

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:24 am

FYI.

Mark Swain @ TMI said that they have the oil-relocator part for the Ecotec for ~$100.

You would stilll need the bracket, the filters, and the oil-radiator, but those are the easy parts.

As always: Check with TMI when looking for the custom parts.

positron

Post by positron » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:27 am

[quote="unknown"]
If the error is Summits,you don't even loose one penny,as they will pay shipping both ways.Great company.Reminds me,I have a $50 off coupon due to expire...
[/quote]
I'm very happy with Summit, if I order Sunday night I get Tuesday..

I couldn't wait.. bought some new Nomex gloves for this driving season...  ;D