Harrop supercharger

silver

Re: Harrop supercharger

Post by silver » Sat May 23, 2009 1:10 am

I like how at the very end you see the skull and eyes.

badass.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Norm........you want more powahhhhh

http://www.smoothflowpulleys.com/TVS_Pulley.html

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:44 pm

[quote="silver"]
Norm........you want more powahhhhh

http://www.smoothflowpulleys.com/TVS_Pulley.html

[/quote]

To go smaller than an 80mm pulley and get significant gains you need to port at least the exhaust side of the head.  I was under the mistaken belief that supercharged engines do not benefit much from porting when I had the work done.  I now know that I left a significant amount on the table and when I go get it in a few months, I will go to a smaller pulley.  I have virtually no supercharger whine now and I want it back!  I understand that I will get some small amount back with a smaller pulley.

The car is pretty friggin fast right now ... :D  Can't wait.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:46 pm

I am jealous of you putting down about 100whp more then me, just wanted to pass along this guy's pulley's ..............seems to be extremely affordable and well made from what I was able to find out online so far.

I'm considering this as the last piece in the puzzle down the road.........not anytime soon as I have many more mods to finish first, otherwise all i'd be doing is jacking up my IAT2s more.

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:01 pm

[quote="silver"]
I am jealous of you putting down about 100whp more then me, just wanted to pass along this guy's pulley's ..............seems to be extremely affordable and well made from what I was able to find out online so far.

I'm considering this as the last piece in the puzzle down the road.........not anytime soon as I have many more mods to finish first, otherwise all i'd be doing is jacking up my IAT2s more.
[/quote]

Dyno power is so subjective to so many variables.  Which Dyno, temp, pressure, humidity, etc., take it all with a grain of salt.  Who knows maybe mine was a happy dyno and yours was a heartbreaker.  I doubt you are 100 whp difference or even close to that on the same dyno on the same day.  You will heat soak quicker though.  When the two of us dyno'd up here we were about 50 whp apart, I went back and re-dyno'd without the exhaust restriction and he did not.  I gained another 18 whp in hotter weather, who is to say that he wouldn't have also although we were getting to the rpm point where the differences should have showed up.  The Harrop with my current pulley is in its range throughout my rpm range and M62 with a small pulley is getting out of range a little past 6000, if I remember correctly.  Did I say that I can't wait for a ported head??  Jesus what a dumb*** :doh:  In and around 50 on the table, probably with that smaller pulley stuff.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 pm

hows the butt dyno report?  Does it feel like going into hyperspace on the kessel run like my car?

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:12 pm

[quote="bolus"]
hows the butt dyno report?  Does it feel like going into hyperspace on the kessel run like my car?
[/quote]

Yep it is fun, of that there is no doubt!  I still have to rip the seats out and remove the firewall, so, that I can run the meth "on" wire.  I just have a wire running across the passenger seat right now.  My thought was that I would wait for several days of rain, PNW weather  :doh: ... it has been uber nice ever since.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:24 pm

do you have individual seats or the single seat?  I ran my wires just to the side of the center frame around the gear shfter then into the center consol. Didn't need ot remove anything

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 pm

[quote="Norm"]
I still have to rip the seats out and remove the firewall, so, that I can run the meth "on" wire.  I just have a wire running across the passenger seat right now.  My thought was that I would wait for several days of rain, PNW weather  :doh: ... it has been uber nice ever since.
[/quote]

I have the plumbed-in fire extinguisher option, so there's a choice of good things to tie onto in the center of the car. I have individual seats, but it is easy to fish wires through there. You can pop out the "glove box" from the main piece (it is just held on with silicone caulk) if you need to reach inside. If you put the seats all the way forward, you can reach into the center piece through the triangular openings on the side.

The exitinguisher lines split to the left and right side of the frame at the rear firewall and enter the engine compartment. You should be able to tie onto them (if you have that option) or at least follow the same path. Going via the driver's side comes out right at the ECU.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:31 am

I have the ind seats as well and my water tube / wiring is going through the port hole for the intercooler filler neck..just put a grommet in there, and covered it with wire wrap.........doesn't look to bad.

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:34 am

Right under the consol, there is an opening into the engine bay and is right above the fuel tank.  you can put wires under there by removing the glove box.  makes it very clean to plumb wires to the back. 

silver

Post by silver » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:35 am

[quote="bolus"]
Right under the consol, there is an opening into the engine bay and is right above the fuel tank.  you can put wires under there by removing the glove box.  makes it very clean to plumb wires to the back. 
[/quote]

Since my firewall is out I'm going to try that, as long as my water hose will fit, it would be nice to have them hidden

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:42 am

The brake lines, parking brake line and entire electrical harness fit through there.  There is plenty of room

silver

Post by silver » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:43 am

Yes already done!

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:26 am

[quote="bolus"]
do you have individual seats or the single seat?  I ran my wires just to the side of the center frame around the gear shfter then into the center consol. Didn't need ot remove anything
[/quote]

I have the single "big" seat, so, it does have to come out.  I have a set of Recaro's in the garage, but, they are quickly becoming heirlooms